Software Engineer, Android
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
NBCUniversal is seeking an experienced Software Engineer for Android who possesses a passion for pushing OTT and mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our news applications. The role is in a fast paced and growing team with the NBC Owned Television Station division which offers a unique opportunity to put your stamp on applications used by millions of our users daily.
- Responsible for the technical development, debugging, and delivery of best-in-class OTT and mobile applications applications
- Collaborate with API engineering teams for the design and development of API web services.
- Lead a multi-platform diverse team of OTT engineers.
- Collaborate closely with UX, Product Managers and API engineers to integrate new products into the platform.
- Ability to work across a wide range of projects and/or product.
• Minimum 3 years of professional software development experience.
• Minimum 2 years of experience building applications on the Android platform.
• Experience working with and having deployed a FireTV application.
• Solid background in Kotlin, Android UI, Android SDK, Android design patterns.
• Solid background writing automated unit tests.
• Understanding of multi-threading, application deep linking, services & receivers and data binding.
• Understanding of Java concurrency and memory management.
• Experience interacting with RESTful API and data formats like (JSON, XML...etc).
• Experience working with video-on-demand and/or linear video playback.
• Proficiency in Java. Worked with JDK (Collections, Generics, Networking, Core Java).
Experience using Source Control (Git).
• Passion for all things and all platforms OTT.
• Experience working on-site and off-site teams and management.
• Self-motivated, productive, and works well even with/without formal structure.
Previous experience in the media industry (bonus points).
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.