Sr. Web Developer
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
NBCUniversal is seeking an Senior Web Developer that has a passion for creating elegant digital products and features that reach millions of users. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who is a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and has a user-first mindset.
- Review code on GitHub to highlight risks, recommend best practices, provide mentorship, and learn from others.
- Architect and ship new features by collaborating with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Consider how proposed solutions will affect the security, stability, performance, usability, and accessibility of the end product.
• Minimum three years’ experience maintaining scalable, highly available sites.
• Professional experience with modern front-end technologies like ES6+ and Webpack.
• Strong problem-solving abilities. You know how to research and debug complex technical problems, and how to effectively ask for help.
• Strong understanding of fundamental technologies and concepts such as HTTP(S), DOM and browser painting, authentication, semantic HTML, and responsive design.
• Comfort with Git and related processes such as Git flow, forking / branching strategies, and pull requests / code reviews.
• Excellent communication skills (verbally, over email, and via chat) with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Experience working with WordPress VIP
• Experience working in the media industry
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Minimalist makeup and skincare