SOC Analyst - 2nd Shift
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The SOC Analyst, Cyber Security Response Operations will be responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance of various security services provided to the business.
The SOC Analyst needs to be well organized, reliable, a strong communicator, detail oriented, demonstrate good judgment, be confident working in a team or independently, and comfortable in the handling of confidential information and cool under pressure .
Working under the direction of the Manager, Cyber Response Operations Center, the successful candidate will be responsible for participating in the following activities
The role involves regular interaction with various groups and leadership within the organization in order to accomplish job responsibilities.
· Day-to-day operational tasks related to the ongoing support of Cyber Operations.
· Responsible for documenting the incident life cycle, conducting handoff's, escalation, and providing support during cyber incidents
· Responsible for the tracking and assignment of tickets/events to Cyber Security Team.
· Responsible for analyzing potential threats from multiple sources.
· Responsible for creating filters, reports, dashboards, and alerts in support of Cyber Operations.
· Responsible for initiating blocks for all indicators of compromise gathered in analysis.
· Analyst must keep detailed reports on all analysis activity.
· Responsible for contributing to the creation and updating of new and existing playbooks and runbooks.
The SOC Analyst, must be proficient in a wide range of security technologies, be knowledgeable as to industry “best practices” in day-to-day operation of a large, multinational IT organization and be able to capably communicate even subtle details of the above to the broader Incident Response & Security Team
- Must be willing and able to work a 2nd shift (5pm-1am ET), Monday - Friday
• Broad knowledge of information systems and networking technologies, demonstrating understanding related to the functionality of, secure configuration of, and security logs produced by those information systems
• Knowledge, skills, and abilities to conduct cyber-related or cyber-facilitated activities s trong interpersonal, analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in analyzing events, and incidents related to computer security.
• Security Operations Center experience
• Ability to provide threat dispositions and properly escalate concerns
• Experience investigating network and host intrusions, malware, and phishing campaigns.
• Ability to work shifts that may change over time.
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience
• Customer service experience, working with users over the phone, via email, and in person.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
• Splunk or other SIEM experience
• Creating alerts, reports, dashboards, etc.
• GCIH, CISSP, GSEC, CEH, or other similar certification
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.