Software Development Engineer 3, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
NBCUniversal, Stamford, Connecticut
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
We are looking for a seasoned software engineer to join a team that will build products and services with the performance, scalability, reliability, and resiliency needed to deliver a flawless consumer experience. We have a collaborative environment in a distributed team, and we need someone who is conscientious, energetic and has a passion for tech.
- Lead and collaborate on the development of low-latency, resilient, highly available and scalable microservices.
- Design, build and deliver containerized microservices on cloud infrastructure with CI & CD pipelines.
- Investigate and resolve issues in complex, high volume, distributed systems.
- Identify and implement improvements to application code, infrastructure and team processes.
- Study industry standards and practices in code and infrastructure in order to champion new learnings and practices in day-to-day workstreams and with the team.
- Direct and advance culture of test-driven development, domain-driven design, infrastructure as code, and automation.
- Expand and embrace our team culture of clean code via code reviews and pair programming.
- Initiate and facilitate architecture conversations regularly to ensure the alignment of code and the business problem it intends to solve.
- Meet sprint goals while managing a culture of agility, inclusivity, and teamwork.
- Partner with product owners and project managers to help define solutions and adapt to dynamic business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience building products/applications/services as a full stack engineer
- Experience in maintaining, tuning and troubleshooting both SQL and NoSQL databases such as Postgres or CouchDB and caching stores such as Redis or Memcache
- Experience building and troubleshooting highly available and resilient distributed services on containerized technologies
- Experience in designing and implementing CI workflows that span multiple environments and with different gates at each phase
- Experience writing maintainable performance, integration and unit tests
- Experience working with managed container services (e.g. Kubernetes) for deploying services to Cloud providers such as AWS or GCP
- Strong understanding of Agile/Lean methodologies
- Strong understanding of queuing systems such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Familiarity with security best practices when building a distributed system
Peacock is the place to stream thousands of hours of hit movies and shows, exclusive originals, live sports, news, and pop culture. We’re in need of courageous leaders and creative problem-solvers who work hard and want to be at the epicenter of content, tech, and entertainment. NBCUniversal’s Peacock is growing, and we’re looking for another smart, passionate, and collaborative person to join our team.
We value inclusivity in our content and our people, and believe that success is only possible when we represent the world around us. So, are you ready to join our flock?
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Jobs You May Like
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Business Development & Deliv...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA
Document Control & Training Full-Time Intern (Summer 2021)
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States