Data Governance Engineer
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The D&A Team is focused on data and analytics strategies for the future. We support NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands - from broadcast, cable, news, and sports networks to film studios, world-renowned theme parks, and a diverse suite of digital properties. We take pride in supplying our business groups with data to advise and shape strategic business decisions related to our content.
In the Data Governance Engineer role, you’ll be working with internal stakeholders, data engineers, visualization experts, data stewards, data scientists, and other technologists across the business. This position requires a passionate analytics expert – if you’re someone with expertise in cloud, data governance, and operational processes and can maintain the fine balance of business acumen and deep technical knowledge, you’ve come to the right place. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
- You will be responsible for developing end to end data governance solutions on Collibra
- You will work with our engineering and business teams to implement requirements into data governance and cataloging solutions.
- You will collaborate with NBCU Global Cloud and Networking teams to configure the Collibra SaaS instance.
- Implement data cataloging, data lineage, data quality, security policies in Collibra
- Implement data catalog inventory solutions with integration to BI tools
- Implement privacy policies for GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy regulations in Collibra
- Day-to-day system administration of Collibra production and non-production environments.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Auditing and improving technical and procedural processes/users from an operational and security standpoint.
- Apply a DevOps mindset to operations: participates in the full operations lifecycle for making continued improvements and providing technological solutions for system functionality and efficiency.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of best practices and technology for cloud, data, and analytics tools.
- 10+ years of data management experience with at least 3+ years working in Collibra
- Experience with Collibra: DGC Administration and Configuration, Connect Administration and Configuration, Development of Workflows and MuleSoft Connectors, Meta model and configurations (import/export & visualization), REST APIs, Collibra Console, Collibra Insights
- Experience with ingesting metadata from any external sources into Collibra
- Experience with installation, upgrading, and administration of Collibra Components
- Expeirence with Setup, support, deployment & migration of Collibra Components
- Implement Application changes: review and deploy code packages, perform post-implementation verifications.
- Participate in group meetings (including business partners) for problem-solving, decision making and implementation planning
- Java, HTML, and Unix/Linux scripting
- Groovy, Flowable, Eclipse, Mulesoft, Anypoint Studio, GIT Hub
- Experience in Data Governance and Metadata Management
- Experience with Public and/or Hybrid Cloud Computing
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Collibra Ranger certification strongly preferred
- Experience with development, deployment, and support of data governance processes
- Bachelor’s Degree Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
- Prior work experience in media preferred
- Demonstrable experience in effective verbal and written communications and interaction with internal and external customers at all levels
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.