Senior Software Engineer, Market Data, CNBC
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Every day as a Market Data Developer is different. On any one day, you might:
- Design, develop and test Market Data Systems/Services/Applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, scope, and ship new features.
- Work on backend API services that the Customer facing Product teams integrate with.
- Design, develop and manage complex distributed systems which can be deployed everywhere which includes Cloud and Internal Data centers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
- Engineer the code for simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, reusability and performance.
• Minimum 7+ years of professional software development
• Proficient in Java/J2EE technologies.
• Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
• Experience in technologies like RESTful Services,
JQuery/ReactJS, XML, XHTML etc.
• Solid background in developing and deploying J2EE
applications on application servers like Tomcat.
• Good knowledge of Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring
MVC and Spring integration with Hibernate.
• Experience in Agile methodologies.
• Strong skills in understanding the existing Database
Models and SQL.
• Knowledge in Unix Commands and scripting languages
like Bash, Perl or Python.
• Solid background writing automated unit tests ad
• Comfortable working with Git, Jenkins and Jira.
• Familiarity with build tools such as Maven, Gradle etc.
• Familiarity with Jenkins and continuous integration
• Effective problem-solving skills and outstanding
• Basic understanding of Market Data Products and
• Knowledge of developing and building C/C++
applications is a plus.
• Good knowledge of network protocols, network
programming, various optimization techniques and multi-
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.