Manager, Software Development
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Manage a team of on-shore and off-shore Software Engineers focused on delivering quality applications within diverse project areas and platforms.
- Strong understanding of microservices and micro UI architectures, standards and best practices.
- Manage the performance and career development of a team of engineers and own multiple project timelines.
- Participate with senior leadership to develop long-term technology and product road maps.
- Be a role model and mentor for engineers
- Collaborate with peers across multiple teams to support and leverage technology standards and best practices.
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
- Incorporate security best practices in architecture design and across the development lifecycle.
- Partner with Product Owners, Engineering Leads, and Project Managers/Scrum Masters to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables based on an agreed upon set of requirements.
- Effectively communicate the status of projects, including risk assessment, both verbally and through documentation to internal and external stakeholders
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
• Strong understanding of security best practices
• Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent.
• Experience building microservice architectures and distributed applications in the cloud.
• Hands -on technical leadership and people management experience.
• Experience with object-oriented design, coding, testing patterns, and programming languages.
• Experience as a Software Development Manager in an Agile environment
• Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
• Good understanding of cloud patterns and best practices
• Deep familiarity with Agile and Scrum
• Good written and oral communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
• Looking for a flexible self-starter with strong leadership skills
• Experience in Television/Broadcast, Media, or related field
• Experience with interactive media and application development
• Experience working in a hybrid cloud environment.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Disrupting how fans discover the best new music and events