Media Support Analyst
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Global Media Operations 24/7/365 group is responsible for international and domestic media prep and distribution. This includes ingest, transcode, edit, and delivery services to meet client fulfillment needs around the globe.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
This Media Support Analyst position is responsible for providing operational and technical support for the Global Media Operations team and clients across the globe. The main objective is to assist all operations/engineering members with operational/technical support related issues in a 24/7 environment. Media Operations ingests, preps, QC's and delivers content globally and relies on the Media Support Analysts to solve issues electronically, on the phone, and in person. Other responsibilities include providing operations and customer support for the portfolio of applications and products used for file-based digital workflows including video editing, transcoding, digital file delivery, and live streaming.
This is a role that combines fulfillment operations, engineering, information technology, digital media, and customer service. An ideal candidate will have a background in New Media, Information Systems, Media Asset Management, broadcast QC/playout, or Computer Science. This person will like to operate in a fast paced environment, enjoy interacting with customers, and willing to tackle unique challenges head-on.
• 1+ year of experience in either a broadcast or fulfillment operations or post-production environment
• 1+ year of experience in a support-oriented position
• 1+ year of experience in a customer facing role
• 1+ year of experience working in all Microsoft Office applications (including Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, CO, New York, NY, or Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
• Willing to be flexible in a 24/7 work environment.
• Willing to work early morning, late nights, or overnight into morning shifts if assigned.
• An individual with a strong desire to learn, take on new technologies and challenges
• Know your way around desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity
• Resolve problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources.
• Familiarity with digital media file types including video, audio, subtitles, and captions - Quicktime, MXF, MPEG, Mp4, ts, XDCAM, ProRes, H264, MPEG, PAC, SCC, TTML, STL, CAP, SRT, FPC, WAV, mp3, ext.
• Familiarity with digital media workflows and digital file delivery
• Familiarity with Asset management systems such as Mediator, Wide Orbit, Lacuna, landmark, OTTO, Media Broker
• Experience working with live video and media files including streaming and transcoding technologies such as Vantage, VENICE, Premiere, Avid, Switch Pro, MacCaption, WinCaps, caption maker, Subtitle Edit, QT7, and more.
• Knowledge of digital delivery methods, MCP, ftp, UDCP, Signiant manager, Aspera Faspex, and Aspera console.
• Experience with storage management: file servers and archive servers NAS, SAN, LTO, Object Cloudian, AWS, Isilon, windows explorer.
• Experience supporting customer workflows through operations team and/or help desk
• Able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a high-pressure deadline driven environment
• Strong communication skills and ability to interface with multiple departments, clients, and vendors
• Demonstrates ability to problem solve
• Ability to multi-task and balance numerous priorities in a deadline-oriented environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits including: medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $50,000-$60,000
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
File hosting service