NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Principal Architect, SRC (Software, Reliability, Cloud) will create help design and architect new applications/services or modernize existing strategic applications/services while helping to formalize development procedures, operations, and platform strategy.
- Serve as a domain expert in a critical portion of our content supply chain
- Work closely with business units to define technical specifications based on conceptual design and business requirements.
- Work in an agile software developmentto team create new apps and services from the ground up, and/or expand upon those created by other team members.
- Act as a lead, identifying and assigning new work for other engineers.
- Act as a technical leader, help to formulate best practices and setting up toolsets and procedures for the team, leveraging internally available ,tools and communicating with other internal development & product teams.
- Assist with the design and implementation of security and forensics capabilities to ensure governance across multiple cloud venues, private and public.
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies and tools for infrastructure orchestration.
- Design, develop, test, debug and document new and existing software and or applications.
- Quickly create platform and other application prototypes and pilots.
- Contribute to and respond to code and architecture reviews as needed.
- Write code and scripts to automate everything possible.
- Strong technical expertise and troubleshooting skills for large scale distributed computing systems and software.
- Minimal conceptual, logical and physical data modeling with data modeling tools and database design in complex, large-scale data environments.
- Evaluate and implement standards for development and platform technologies, make recommendations for the right tool for the job, and take the lead in setting up training other developers
- Create robust documentation, architectural frameworks, and design patterns for both customers and development team members
- Comfortable working with a variety of other languages and technologies, including but not limited to node.js and mobile native development
- Experience with true cloud development, including Kubernetes, Docker, CoreOS, etc.
- Extensive experience leveraging AWS, Azure, and/or Google Compute Platform to deploy highly reliable and scalable cloud applications
- Expert at working with service-based application architectures and familiar with various API protocols.
- Expert at working in story and task-tracking tools for agile workflows.
- Expert at setting up continuous integration and testing frameworks for development projects (IE Jenkins, Concourse,
- Ansible, Mocha.js, SonarQube, etc.)
- Competent working in secured enterprise internal networks.
- Motivated and Self-Starting: able to think critically about problems, decipher user preferences versus hard requirements, and effectively use online and onsite resources to find an appropriate solution with little intervention.
- Passionate about writing clear, maintainable code that will be used and modified by others, and able to use and modify other developers’ work rather than recreate it
- B.S. degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field strongly preferred
- Proficient with data structuring languages, including XML, JSON, and design of binary data formats
- Experience creating and managing projects in revision control, including git and Github
- Experience with automated testing and performance tools, including JMeter
- Experience with large-scale distributed infrastructures, including technologies for clustering and load balancing
- Understanding of distributed capacity management
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA and REST), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Experience implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools and systems
- Specific experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, and Marathon
- Demonstrated ability to automate the deployment of infrastructure using tools like Terraform, Ansible, or Chef/Puppet.
- Deep understanding of HTTP, TCP, DNS, UDP, IPv4/IPv6 networking and protocols
- Understanding of network database and storage technologies including NoSQL, NAS, and object stores
- Understanding software development in a DevOps culture
- A proponent of open-source software licenses
- Experience with serverless technologies, preferably Lambda
- Experience with distributed messaging services such as Kafka and Kinesis
- Experience with caching services, preferably Redis and Elasticache
- Hands-on experience managing distributed systems and clusters
- Able to communicate effectively in a diverse team of varying skill sets and proficiencies. Able to instruct or take advice and direction when appropriate.
- Effective in-person, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to relate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working in large, multifaceted, and matrixed organizations
- Experience within media entertainment industry
- Collaborative team player accustomed to working within and across groups
- Organized and detail-oriented the with ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to translate business process needs into clear technical requirements
- Ability to influence internal and external team members without direct reporting authority
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Software Engineer, Risk and Fraud (San Francisco or ...
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California