Director, Software Engineering
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
We are seeking a Director of Engineering to lead one of our critical software engineering teams. You should be both delivery and customer obsessed. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead a geographically distributed team that builds and operates a collection of NBCU's proprietary content lifecycle applications. You’re ideal for this role if you enjoy leading a diverse team of pioneers and is product focused to drive customer satisfaction and delight in the platform we're building. Your technical expertise will inform your mentoring, guidance and skills development of your team of engineers. Your ability to manage labor and software budgets, as well as providing detailed and accurate software estimation, is highly desired.
- Establish future state Enterprise target architecture and roadmap aligned to business initiatives
- Develop highly-available, secure, and scalable applications leveraging modern cloud native technologies
- Utilize modern methodologies for software development and deployment
- Partner with product teams to implement new platforms and migrate existing applications to automated, cloud-delivered solutions, all while reducing friction and enabling self-service
- Provide documentation and resources to enable other technologists to leverage new tooling and architectures
- Define repeatable processes around the operational tasks for deploying and managing application platforms in the cloud
- Work closely with strategic application vendors on their latest offerings to help develop and influence future roadmaps
- Mentor software engineers to develop, evangelize, and expose the value of a dev ops mindset.
- Deliver KPI’s and metrics that demonstrate progress towards optimization goals
- 8+ years of hands-on writing highly reliable and scalable software
- 3+ years of experience as an engineering manager, leading and mentoring teams of 10 or greater
- Proven track record of translating business requirements into technology solutions, with a balance between conceptual and technical implementation
- Hands-on, practical experience with building automated, scalable systems in public cloud environments (AWS, Azure preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with functional and object-oriented programming in one or more languages
- Deep understanding of modern software engineering practices such as source code management/version control, continuous integration/delivery and automated build tooling, and test processes
- Strong customer facing experience with the ability to communicate to technical and non-technical leaders
- Demonstrated customer focus and engagement
- Product ownership mindset with a history of successful product planning and delivery
- Experience building and operating cloud applications, infrastructure and services
- Knowledge of and experience with modern software engineering and DevOps practices and tools: source control, CI/CD, automated testing, infrastructure as code, monitoring/observability, microservices architecture, and containerization
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.