NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team, organization, and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Serve as Coach and Mentor within the organization to facilitate adoption & maturity
- Work between the product manager and internal & external teams, guiding the organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Working with product managers to generate new, improved, or unique solutions and embrace new ideas to sustain and/or expand our organization, focusing on continuous improvement as well as innovations, including deliverables and release deadlines
- Facilitating scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, and retrospective meetings to facilitate teams to increase creativity while improving efficiency
- Achieving specific milestones through accurate forecasting and providing deliverables in an iteration while tracking and removing any impediments
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution, while guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Ensuring that a Scrum team lives by the practices and rules of Scrum and its values
- Define key quantitative and qualitative SCRUM/KPI’s
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Development, IT/IS Management, Engineering or equivalent experience required
- 5+ year experience in a role demonstrating strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills
- 3+ years experience as a Scrum Lead or part of a high-performing Scrum Team
- Expertise in the SDLC process, with a focus on scoping, iteration planning, user story and acceptance criteria writing, rollout management
- Experience with Jira preferred
- 3+ years product or related management experience in development management, gathering client requirements, writing product and/or technical specifications, working with development teams, and managing product roadmaps as well as launches
- At least 3 years of direct client engagement experience
- At least 3 years directly managing or developing workflow, Agile, or ITSM management systems
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Knowledge about Agile techniques like User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery
- Expert in estimation and planning
- Organizes and facilitates the sprint planning meetings
- Must be able to train individuals and teams in processes and tools,
- Experience in Infrastructure, or Technology Operations
- An effective, clear, and friendly communicator (verbally and in writing)
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.