Engineer, Cloud FinOps
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Liaison between engineering, finance, and product teams to establish a process, understand requirements, and drive industry standard FinOps practices
- Develop strategies to maximize resource utilization and minimize waste
- Content creation of reports and documentation for all personas (engineers, finance, leadership)
- Assist with the cost forecasts and analysis, including creating monthly leadership presentations
- Help drive cost optimization roadmaps with engineering teams
- Track key metrics and performance indicators to evaluate the financial health of the business
- Create a community of cost responsibility for cloud users across NBCU, be a FinOps evangelist
- Help build out FinOps tooling around visualization and automation
- Work with cloud vendors to drive the latest recommendations for best practices
- Knowledgeable in public and private cloud technologies
- Ability to create business cases for new technology proposals
- Strong Analytical skills
- Experience with Azure/AWS/GCP billing and cost management tools
- Understanding of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment and cloud delivery models.
- Knowledge in public cloud architecture and transformation strategy as well as product architecture.
- Ability to write technical documentation
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent complex projects and to coordinate the work of others in the cloud environment.
- Proficient at multitasking and proactive in work responsibilities
- Experience with agile development methodologies, rapid application development, and project management
- Proven ability to design and present understandable and practical solutions to complex problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including visual presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in research data collection, analysis, and presentation
- Extensive experience leveraging AWS, Azure, and/or Google Compute
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Experience at script language development, including Python, Node.js, and Perl
- Proficient with data structuring languages, including XML, JSON, and design of binary data formats
- Experience with enterprise finance tools and processes
- Experience creating and managing projects in revision control, including git and Github
- Experience implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools and systems
- Specific experience BI tools (Cost Explorer, Looker, Power BI, Tableau, Snowflake, QuickSight)
- Experience with Public Cloud billing and purchasing options
- Experience with Agile, including Scrum and Kanban
- Understanding software development in a DevOps culture
- A proponent of solutions using open-source software
- Ability and desire to mentor engineers, technologists, and spread cloud finance knowledge across the organization
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The best bed for better sleep