NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
As part of the global Operations & Technology organization, the D&A team is focused on strategies for the future. We support NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands - from broadcast, cable, news, and sports networks to film studios, world-renowned theme parks, and a diverse suite of digital properties. We take pride in supplying our business groups with data to advise and shape strategic business decisions related to our content.
- Deep dive analysis of data including data wrangling, advanced analytics techniques.
- Build the semantic layer that will allow for reporting on curated datasets
- Build visualizations that tell a story, making the best use of the canvas and leverage intuitive layouts. Build dashboards that drive analytical insights and business decisions.
- Work closely with the data engineering and data science teams within the Data and Analytics group for data onboarding, process implementation, analysis, and modeling
- Subject matter expert for datasets related to [social media data, geo analytics, viewership, audience graphs, and title master data
- Participate in development sprints, demos, and retrospectives, as well as release and deployment
- Gather requirements from business stakeholders and convert them into technical solutions that give the users access to the data in a format that highlights actionable insights.
- Navigating complex schemas and large data sets, developing or improving metrics for business performance
- Create derived metrics, document findings, communicate their discoveries to non-technical audiences.
- While the position works closely with the data engineering team, the Analytics Engineer role will focus more on the analysis of the data rather than the onboarding of the data.
- 6+ years of experience in Business Intelligence/Analytics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to utilize technology to create innovative solutions
- Advanced level experience with SQL or other data discovery and analysis platforms in a capacity supporting day-to-day operations
- Advanced level experience in a reporting/visualization tool like Tableau, PowerBI, Google Data Studio with specific emphasis on dashboards
- Demonstrable experience with data analysis outputs, analysis of predictive models, gaining insights from joining disparate data sets together, and creating derived metrics.
- Analytical – You have experience in delivering data analytics solutions that promote data discovery
- Knowledge of data science and modeling a plus
- Experience programming in Python for data analysis a plus
- Media-focused – Strong knowledge/passion for media including broadcast TV, digital, and film
- Direct experience working with sources like Nielsen, Adobe Analytics, comScore, and other media/entertainment industry datasets a plus
- Communicator – You have excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate ideas effectively across all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical
- Extensive experience gathering and documenting functional user requirements with a strong knowledge of analysis methodologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with remote teams across varying time zones
- Action-oriented – You're constantly figuring out new problems and are regularly showing results with a positive attitude, always displaying ethical behavior, integrity, and building trust
- Strong understanding of Agile principles and best practices
- You’ve dealt with ambiguity and can make quality decisions in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.