Incident Management Specialist, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Incident Management Specialist will be part of the Peacock Incident Management team supporting the 24x7x365 ongoing operations of the streaming service. The Specialist will provide eyes-on-glass monitoring from within the Direct-to-Consumer Digital Network Operations Center to ensure system availability and will manage any production incidents that occur during their shift. The Analyst ensures that the standard operating procedures are strictly followed for all cases. The Analyst will lead/assist in recovery and process actions on emergency bridges. The Analyst ensures that incidents are resolved in a timely manner, with appropriate actions to mitigate business/customer impact. The Analyst also ensures that business critical incidents receive a post incident review, intended to identify systemic and root cause that requires resolution once the immediate impact is remediated.
- Monitor the availability and performance of the end-to-end systems responsible for delivery NBC’s Direct-to-Consumer platforms
- Acknowledge any system alerts and ensuring that proper engineering teams are notified and engaged to resolve incidents where appropriate
- Ensure all incidents are recorded in ServiceNow and categorized properly
- Assess impact & urgency and compose detailed, accurate impact statements
- Quickly identify needed support teams and engage them for triage and resolution activities
- Coordinate audio conference bridges for major incidents to bring together all teams and vendors required to resolve the incident
- Ensure that incident ticket communication/documentation is accurate, timely, clear, and concise
- Create shift status Executive Summaries highlighting major incidents
- Assist in post incident review activity to create a more efficient incident management process for future incidents
- Assist in Change Management process, reviewing content quality of change requests and ensures that all changes are deployed according to approved schedule
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
• Minimum one (1) year experience working in a digital media business, particularly in an operations role
• Technically proficient and able to diagnose and debug complex technical issues quickly
• Ability to follow established processes and workflows to ensure that all work is completed per group standards
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Availability to travel as required
• Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Experience with streaming in a direct-to-consumer video business highly preferred
• Knowledge of video streaming platforms and cloud computing providers a plus
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues and executives
• Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies
• ITIL Foundation Certification or higher
• Effective at managing multiple issues with conflicting priorities under tight deadlines
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with little to no forewarning
• Demonstrated ability to react quickly, lead and perform exceptionally during critical/catastrophic events
• Fosters a culture of teamwork, unity, accountability, responsibility and respect
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one