Vice President, SAP Services and Operations
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
This role is a part of the Enterprise Applications (EA) leadership team, responsible for defining and executing SAP services and operations that optimize service delivery and support business strategies across the NBCUniversal brands and functions in partnership with EA Business Process Services and Strategy and EA Engineering & Architecture. You'll be responsible for establishing internal service models, long-term roadmaps, and providing measurements of business value achievement along with operating efficiency.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish SAP solutions roadmap aligned to business requirements, strategy and transformation initiatives
- Partner with EA Business Process Services and Strategy to design, document, consolidate, and deliver SAP based business solutions to meet processes, user stories, configurations, functional specifications, interfaces and data designs
- Partner with EA engineering and architecture to implement new platforms, develop custom applications, modernize integration, and migrate existing applications to automated, cloud-delivered solutions – reduce friction and enable self-service as much as possible
- Partner with Cyber security to ensure applications are securely designed, configured, and delivered to thwart cyber threats and ensure compliance with privacy and legal requirements (SOX, etc.)
- Manage and maintain application security in alignment with NBCU policies and standards
- Configure/extend SAP software to align with documented requirements, design, and user stories/specifications.
- Conduct unit, platform, and system level QA/validation of solution design and functionality
- Collaborate on execution of SAP solutions UAT and business adoption
- Accountable for service performance to stakeholders as documented thru portfolio service level agreements; delivered in partnership across technology & contracted 3rd parties; this includes proactive application and integration health monitoring as well as incident and change management in alignment with NBCU policies and practices
- Evolve and strengthen the SAP data management strategy and associated roadmap
- Leverage automation solutions (cloud native, SAP iRPA, UIPath, etc.) to reduce operating cost & time while improving quality
- Work closely with strategic application vendors (SAP, AWS, HCL, etc.) to ensure product & service quality, SLA performance, and to influence future roadmaps
- Manage demand across SAP solutions and services
- Mentor applications resources to develop, evangelize, and expose the value of revised operating model and services
- Establish and execute on a strategic resourcing plan to ensure critical intellectual capital/subject matter expertise is held within NBCUniversal
- Deliver KPI’s and metrics that demonstrate operational excellence along with progress towards optimization goals
- Manage and operate SAP solutions within financial budgets
• Minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience working with SAP technologies in a large-scale, matrixed multi-platform systems environment
• Minimum of 5 years of experience defining/delivering SAP applications, including at least 4 in an enterprise or corporate domain (i.e. finance, HR, supply chain, etc.) portfolio leadership role and at least 3 years in a leadership capacity overseeing enterprise SAP teams
• Familiarity and expertise with our existing/future SAP tech stack/platforms: i.e. AWS, SAP HANA, SAP SOH, SAP BW, SAP Solution manager, SAP Portal, SAP BPC, SAP BRIM, SAP S/4, SAP SuccessFactors, etc.
• Proven track record of evolving an SAP landscape to deliver global business results
• Hands-on, practical experience with building end to end business process solutions leveraging SAP technology and applications
• Experience with cloud native solutions and architectures as well as cloud security principles
• Strong customer facing experience with the ability to communicate to technical and non-technical leaders at all levels
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage/leverage 3rd parties to deliver on commitments/strategies
• Demonstrated ability to build and execute a resource strategy
• Demonstrated financial management expertise in cloud operations, service management, and business case development
• Demonstrate ability to collaborate and team build across entities to achieve results
• Clear written and verbal communication
• Demonstrated ability to drive, deliver, and inspire team results
• High energy level and flexibility to meet a variety of demands while producing superior work products at accelerated pace
• A proven track record of success as an application or data analyst/engineer
• A proven track record of success in a business functional role (finance, legal, HR, sourcing, etc.)
• Demonstrable history in a global corporate environment, driving results across multiple business elements with different priorities and governance
• Familiarity and expertise with our existing/future tech stack/platforms complementary to SAP solutions: i.e. WorkSoft, Auritas, Greenlight, UIPath, APEX, Tibco, Sterling, Informatica, etc.
• A proven track record of modernizing and transforming a significant legacy IT application portfolio
• A thirst for improvement and an inclination to thoughtfully challenge the status quo
• Desire to try things and iterate on them, fail fast, and focus on functionality that matters
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
File hosting service