VP, Enterprise Applications Business Process Services and Strategy
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
This role is a part of the Enterprise Applications leadership team, responsible for defining and executing business process technology services coupled with a long-term strategy that optimizes business operations across the NBCUniversal brands and functions. You'll be responsible for setting application portfolio standards, service models, long-term roadmaps, and providing measurements of business value achievement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Primary trusted internal partner with business process/functional leaders to document business strategy/roadmaps, technology requirements and service levels required for execution
- Manage and govern business demand to ensure documented value delivery of all initiatives and services
- Establish future state Enterprise applications portfolio and process maps aligned to business requirements, strategy and transformation initiatives
- Establish a standard business analysis toolkit to ensure consistency of documentation and deliverables
- Provide business analysis to document business processes, user stories, configurations, functional specifications, interface and data designs required within or across applications to deliver on business objectives
- Partner with EA engineering and architecture to implement new platforms, develop custom applications and integrates, and migrate existing applications to automated, cloud-delivered solutions – reduce friction and enable self-service as much as possible
- Partner with Cyber security to ensure applications are securely designed, configured, and delivered to thwart cyber threats and ensure compliance with privacy and legal requirements (SOX, etc.)
- Configure application software to align with documented requirements, design, and user stories/specifications.
- Conduct QA/validation of solution design and functionality
- Lead execution of solution UAT, business adoption, and collaborate with business partners on change management strategy and delivery; including user training as required
- Manage and maintain application security in alignment with NBCU policies and standards
- Accountable for service performance to stakeholders as documented thru portfolio service level agreements; delivered in partnership across technology & contracted 3rd parties
- Work closely with strategic application vendors (SAP, Microsoft, Salesforce, AWS, etc.) on their latest offerings to help develop and influence future roadmaps
- Mentor applications resources to develop, evangelize, and expose the value of revised operating model and services
- Establish and execute on a strategic resourcing plan to ensure critical intellectual capital is held within NBCUniversal
- Deliver KPI’s and metrics that demonstrate operational excellence along with progress towards optimization goals
• Minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience working with multiple enterprise applications technologies in a large-scale, matrixed multi-platform systems environment
• Minimum of 5 years of experience defining/delivering business applications, including at least 4 in an enterprise or corporate domain (i.e. finance, HR, supply chain, etc.) portfolio leadership role and at least 3 years in a leadership capacity overseeing an enterprise applications team
• Proven track record of documenting business processes and translating into business requirements and solution roadmaps
• Hands-on, practical experience with building end to end business process solutions and services
• Experience designing an application portfolio strategy comprised of varied solutions (On Prem, SaaS, and Custom) based on long term business strategies
• Strong customer facing experience with the ability to communicate to technical and non-technical leaders at all levels
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage/leverage 3rd parties to deliver on commitments/strategies
• Demonstrated financial management expertise in portfolio management and business case development
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and team build across entities to achieve results
• Clear written and verbal communication
• Demonstrated ability to drive, deliver, and inspire team results
• High energy level and flexibility to meet a variety of demands while producing superior work products at accelerated pace
• A proven track record of success as an application analyst or engineer
• A proven track record of success in a business functional role (finance, legal, HR, sourcing, etc.)
• Demonstrable history in a global corporate environment, driving results across multiple business elements with different priorities and governance
• Familiarity and expertise with our existing tech stack/platforms: i.e. AWS, Azure, Angular, Node.js, Python, Java, Ansible, Kubernetes, SAP applications/platform, Tibco, etc.
• A proven track record of modernizing and transforming a significant legacy IT application portfolio
• A thirst for improvement and an inclination to thoughtfully challenge the status quo
• Desire to try things and iterate on them, fail fast, and focus on functionality that matters
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price