Project Manager, Production Technology
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Bring order and direction to projects that transform reliability information to foster a culture of continuous improvement of people, processes and technology in partnership with the Production Engineering team.
- Coordinate the short and long-term strategic planning of new production initiatives including performance and capacity planning.
- Determine comprehensive analysis on the study and tests of new hardware and software-based broadcast solutions that help our clients increase savings, efficiency and production quality.
- Ensure timing and impact of important technical projects.
- Manage meetings and check-ins with teams and leadership, defining and mitigating any issues.
- Partner with Engineering and Operations for proof-of-concepts for new technology and coordinate operational feedback to all teams and technology vendors.
- Help avoid integration conflicts and serve as launch coordination.
- Confirm that delivered systems meet the needs in the simplest, operator/customer friendly, and reliable ways.
- Manage directly and indirectly a team of Production Control Specialists, who launch projects and processes, integrating systems, developing training processes, providing front line operational support to technical operators, and advising on reliability solutions.
• BA/BS or minimum five years working experience in a studio production environment
• Minimum of five years of project management experience required
• Must be able to manage cultural change and build strong client relationships
• Must be able to work in a fast paced, high pressure, changing, team-oriented environment and possess a “hands on” management style
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Operational knowledge of studio and control room operations areas
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a CV/resume through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be able to work all hours including weekends and overnights and be available 24/7 if needed
• Working knowledge of NBCU Production Processes
• Experience in US Media & Entertainment environment preferred
• Experience in Studios, Control Rooms, Graphics, asset management systems and digital workflows for video and/or still assets
• Exceptional technical, analytical, organization, research, and presentation skills
• Ability to troubleshoot, quickly and methodically
• Ability to lead and present program information in face-to-face presentations to varied audiences; including executive management
• Strong team-building and customer relations skills
• Proficient at building and presenting PowerPoint presentations to effectively communicate a message in a short and clear manner
• Must be analytical and process-oriented and able to apply structure to complex problems
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and communicate effectively with all stakeholders
• Experience with cable and media industry or integrated systems
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Enterprise Applications (EA) Program Office
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Senior Manager, Quality Compliance, Quality Assurance
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States