NBCUniversal, Universal City, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The IPAOT team is looking for a Systems Administrator who has a proven track record of maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of Linux servers. A strong candidate will identify any problems in the system, anticipate potential issues and repair systems and software when necessary. The ability to think strategically, visualize system relationships and drive multiple projects to successful completion is paramount to this position. This position works with minimum supervision to customize and maintain a multi-platform system configuration, ensuring efficiency and security.
- Building, configuring, patching, upgrading, and troubleshooting of physical and virtual Linux servers
- Develop and maintain detailed maintenance, contingency, and disaster recovery plans and documentation for server infrastructure
- Deploy development environment and infrastructure redundancy for legacy systems
- Be available off hours for scheduled system maintenance and emergencies.
- Work proactively to determine potential issues existing in the environment. Apply performance-tuning techniques where applicable.
- Manage and maintain configuration management (SaltStack).
- Manage and maintain queuing system (RabbitMQ)
- Manage and maintain databases (Postgres and Elasticsearch).
• Bachelor's degree in Computer or Information Science or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years of non-internship experience with Linux administration and configuration with a proven track record of managing and maintain systems in a production environment
• Strong knowledge of modern networking, networking architecture, and firewall configuration
• Strong knowledge of SaltStack, RabbitMQ, Postgres and Elasticsearch.
• Experience with relational and non-relational databases, document stores, and queuing systems
• Must understand and communicate system concepts to end users and technical teams
• Have considerable knowledge of security concepts and industry best practices; Scripting knowledge.
• Master’s degree in computer science, or STEM field
• Networking certification (CCNA, COMPTIA Network+)
• Linux Foundation certified System Administrator
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Jobs You May Like
Staff Software Engineer - Customer Experience, Customer Care
Qualtrics, Seattle, Washington, United States