NBCUniversal, Centennial, Colorado
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Global Media Operations’ team in Centennial, CO manages playout and monitoring for NBCUniversal’s broadcast networks and Owned Television Stations, originates and monitors TV Everywhere streams for a diverse portfolio of cable and broadcast properties, and provides comprehensive disaster recovery services for all NBCU cable networks. The Operations Supervisors are true subject matter experts in this dynamic broadcast environment. Operations Supervisors drive 99.999% on-air reliability for all channel streams and work as a team using their leadership and skill under pressure to get compelling content to your screens.
• Manage daily operations and drive reliability within a fast-paced, multichannel on-air operations environment and maintain 99.999% on-air availability and reliability for all channels
• Lead a team of Operators; provide clear direction and guidance for the execution of all master control functions including commercial integration, manipulations and edits to the on-air playlists, and live-event execution
• Create new SOPs and operational guidelines and train others in these SOPs, issue resolution, and recovery as needed
• Facilitate day-of-air changes across multiple departments including Sales, Traffic, Programming, Promotions, and News Operations
• Deliver exceptional customer service with an unwavering desire to fulfill customers’ needs
• Develop a deep knowledge of the operation’s technical architecture and on-air systems
• Resolve issues quickly and effectively to prevent on-air discrepancies
• Manage the end-to-end execution of all live events including preparation, in-event execution, and off-air adjustments
• Actively participate in the operation’s change control procedures by approving and maintaining awareness of all on-air maintenances and by managing critical components of maintenance operating procedures
Perform live event transmission tasks including booking feeds and faxing in incoming signals
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.