VP, Technical Product Mgmt; Enterprise Data, Analytics & Measurement
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish Destination Product Architecture for NBCUs enterprise data, analytics, and measurement requirements
- Drive thought leadership and strategic direction on products supporting NBCUs Content Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Measurement, and Corporate Analytics functions
- Partner with NBCU’s newly developed Chief Data Office to ensure alignment and enablement of its goals and objectives
- Develop multi-year product visions and roadmaps with accountability to short term, mid-term, and long-term execution and deliverables
- Build highly reliable, available, scalable, and performant data products, and continuously measure and monitor KPIs to drive improvement to the development process and run state of all products
- Partner with business embedded teams to translate business requirements into technical product strategies and designs
- Effectively identify, recruit, hire, develop, and retain talented product leaders, ultimately maintaining a performance culture grounded in inclusiveness, collaboration, expertise, accountability, and results
- Leverage Agile methodologies to ensure an iterative and incremental approach to building out destination platforms, and partner with engineering and technology leaders to drive overall software development lifecycle
- Lead the baselining of existing disparate data products and translate those features, capabilities, and requirements into destination platform inputs
- Manage the OCF and Capital budgets associated with the product portfolio, inclusive of labor costs, software licensing, hosting, maintenance/support, etc.
- Develop financial models to track product development costs and associated returns on investment based on productivity and/or business upside enablement
- Measure, monitor and ultimately drive improvements across key performance KPIs inclusive of product Availability, Reliability, and Quality
- Build credibility, respect, and influence across NBCU by demonstrating thought leadership, product savvy, execution focus, and strong communication skills
• Minimum 10 years of proven experience in Product and Technology, with full ownership and/or management of the Product lifecycle
• Minimum 5 years of experience in people management
• Recent and relevant experience in IT operations, application management, systems architecture and/or software development within large, matrixed organizations that employ the latest technologies in creating great content and user experiences.
• Proven track record effectively balancing collaboration and decision making, avoiding analysis-paralysis and over-architecting while still exhibiting productive listening and partnership
• Ability to build consensus and rally support
• Foster a dual approach of strategy and action orientation
• Superior influencing skills, especially those exhibited in a matrixed and/or centralized operational environment
• An expert communicator across all modes and with employees at all levels and areas of expertise
• Adept at building and maintaining meaningful, professional relationships
• Possesses and shares a passion for the Product space, and infuses that enthusiasm as part of an invigorating work culture
• Capable of prioritizing multiple inputs, projects, and deadlines while nimbly pivoting should the operation call for it
• Openness to feedback from business partners and managers alike, showing a professional level of self-awareness and willingness to improve
• Past media experience is preferred, but not required
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.