NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
As a member of NBCUniversal's Hosting, Strategy, Sales & Scheduling (HSS&S) team, you will be part of a new effort to define how the organization builds custom applications on the cloud. This is a unique role in that it has the opportunity to touch every NBCUniversal business, both creative and operational, creating applications that redefine how we do business.
The Engineering Manager will have the opportunity to be part of one of the verticals, but not limited to: Sales, Scheduling, or Contract & Rights. Here's how your day-to-day will look like:
- Manage budgets and vendor/client contracts and relationships.
- Lead the planning, implementation and communication of new engineering and product practices.
- Drive metrics standardization, gathering, and automation. Analyze and report resulting metrics and adjust the overall team strategy accordingly with engineering leadership; define the value and return of an application
- Analyze customer needs and develop engineering team roadmap and backlog based on organization goals and customer.
- Establish productive relationships with internal Cloud, Architecture, Cyber Security, and Business Engagement teams to ensure the COE is able to deliver software on time on the most appropriate technology available.
- Define and manage projects and products that improve consistency, reliability and security of our software products.
- Participate in budgeting and proposal efforts by completing project scoping, cost-benefit analyses, and level of effort assessments.
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience and 3+ years of experience leading technical/IT teams and projects
- Demonstrated technical leadership with good business judgment to make the right technology choices.
- Demonstrated ability to build teams and produce engineering product in a complex corporate structure
- Deep understanding of the product, engineering, and test roles & responsibilities that make up a software delivery team
- Familiarity with cloud-native development, scrum processes, and modern devops practices
- Sharp eye for quality team contribution; ability to assess team member work product at attitude
- Can assess disparate data streams and distill them into meaningful and ultimately actionable recommendations
- Able to easily transition between high-level strategy and day-to-day implementation
- Self-directed, ability to multi-task, sharp analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written / verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Results-oriented and self-motivated
- Software engineering experience as a product manager, engineer, or manager
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Able to communicate effectively in a diverse team of varying skillsets and proficiencies. Able to lead and instruct or take direction when appropriate. Effective in-person, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in large, multifaceted and matrixed organizations
- Experience within media entertainment industry
- Collaborative team player accustomed to working within and across groups
- Organized and detail-oriented with ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to translate business process needs into clear technical requirements
- Ability to influence internal and external team members without direct reporting authority
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to relate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong character exhibiting company core values: Integrity, Creativity, Teamwork, Pioneering Spirit, Ownership
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one