Director, Enterprise Applications Controllership Services and Strategy
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
This role is a part of the Enterprise Applications leadership team, responsible for defining and executing business process technology services coupled with a long-term strategy that optimizes controllership operations (Order to Cash (OTC), Record to Report (R2R), etc.) across the NBCUniversal brands and functions. You'll be responsible for collaborating on and delivering application portfolio standards, service models, long-term roadmaps, and providing measurements of business value achievement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Primary trusted internal technology partner with business process/controllership leaders to document business strategy/roadmaps, technology requirements and service levels required for execution
- Manage and govern business demand to ensure documented value delivery of all initiatives and services
- Establish future state controllership applications portfolio and process maps aligned to business requirements, strategy, and transformation initiatives
- Leverage a standard business analysis toolkit to ensure consistency of documentation and deliverables
- Provide business analysis to document business processes, user stories, configurations, functional specifications, interface and data designs required within or across applications to deliver on business objectives
- Partner with EA engineering and architecture to implement new platforms, develop custom applications and integrates, and migrate existing applications to automated, cloud-delivered solutions – reduce friction and enable self-service as much as possible
- Partner with EA SAP Services and Operations to deliver key controllership operational metrics, to optimize leverage of core SAP capabilities and to collaborate on a long-term SAP core roadmap that aligns delivery with business needs
- Partner with Cyber security to ensure applications are securely designed, configured, and delivered to thwart cyber threats and ensure compliance with privacy and legal requirements (SOX, etc.)
- Configure non-SAP application software and partner with the EA SAP Services and Operations team for SAP software configuration to align with documented requirements, design, and user stories/specifications.
- Conduct QA/validation of solution design and functionality
- Lead execution of solution UAT, business adoption, and collaborate with business partners on change management strategy and delivery; including user training as required
- Manage and maintain controllership application security in alignment with NBCU policies and standards
- Accountable for service performance to stakeholders as documented thru portfolio service level agreements; delivered in partnership across EA, technology & contracted 3rd parties
- Work closely with strategic application vendors (SAP, Microsoft, Salesforce, AWS, etc.) on their latest offerings to help develop and influence future roadmaps
- Mentor applications resources to develop, evangelize, and expose the value of revised operating model and services
- Establish and execute on a strategic resourcing plan to ensure critical intellectual capital is held within NBCUniversal
- Deliver KPI’s and metrics that demonstrate operational excellence along with progress towards optimization goals
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The best bed for better sleep