Principal Cloud Architect
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
As a key member of the HSS&S Engineering team, you will ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on AWS and Azure. You'll be working with the best and brightest minds to bring a cloud native approach to deploying applications in a highly reliable and scalable way. Success in this role is characterized by the overall performance, reliability, security, and scalability of an application.
- Work directly with cloud users to define technical specifications based on conceptual design and business requirements.
- Assist with the design and implementation of security and forensics capabilities to ensure governance across multiple cloud venues, private and public.
- You will help enable innovation through continuous deployment across technology stacks and demonstrate best practices around advanced cloud solutions
- Collaborate cross functionally to develop our target state cloud architecture and supporting organization model along with the platform roadmap required to achieve that target state. Drive cloud/ technology discussions and facilitate decision with other teams within the organization.
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies, services, tools, and multiple cloud vendors for innovative new capabilities guide business and technology decisions.
- Develop reference architectures, publish design patterns, and speak about these internally and publicly, Drive technical designs to consensus and approval.
- Contribute to and respond to code and architecture reviews as needed.
- Write code and scripts to automate everything possible.
- Strong technical expertise and troubleshooting skills for large scale distributed computing systems and software.
- Minimal conceptual, logical and physical data modeling with data modeling tools and database design in complex, large-scale data environments.
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, governance, cost controls, etc.
- Work with product owners and other functional teams to translate the roadmaps into releases.
- Knowledgeable in public and private cloud technologies
- Demonstrated ability in building cloud native and 12 factor applications
- Demonstrated production-level software development skills
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, manage, and complete project deliverables
- Ability to script in Bash, Python or other programming languages
- Understanding of Terraform, GIT, ansible playbooks and cloud templating
- Ability to create business cases for new technology proposals
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment and cloud delivery models.
- Deep expertise in public cloud architecture and transformation strategy as well as product architecture.
- Knowledge of infrastructure design & server infrastructure implementation.
- Experience with networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security mechanisms, proxies, firewalls & application delivery controllers.
- Experience in deploying production workloads using AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Balance of strategic and tactical skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to write technical documentation (platform architecture, strategy, engineering etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent complex projects and to coordinate the work of others in the cloud environment.
- Experience with build tools, CI/CD, DevOps and agile principles
- Possess an understanding of system testing including platform, integration, load and scale testing.
- Proficient at multitasking and proactive in work responsibilities
- Linux systems administration skills, across distributions, and especially in a cloud or virtualized environment
- Understanding of IP networking and traffic scaling
- Experience with agile development methodologies, rapid application development, and project management
- Proven ability to design and present understandable and practical solutions to complex problems Demonstrated leadership skills in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including visual presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in research data collection, analysis, and presentation
- Extensive experience leveraging AWS, Azure, and/or Google Compute Platform to deploy highly reliable and scalable cloud applications
- Expert at script language development, including Python, Node.js, and Perl
- Proficient with data structuring languages, including XML, JSON, and design of binary data formats
- Experience creating and managing projects in revision control, including git and Github
- Experience with large-scale distributed infrastructures, including technologies for clustering and load balancing
- Experience implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools and systems
- Specific experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Demonstrated ability to automate the deployment of infrastructure using tools like Terraform, Ansible, or Chef/Puppet.
- Deep understanding of HTTP, TCP, DNS, UDP, IPv4/IPv6 networking and protocols
- Understanding of network database and storage technologies including NoSQL, NAS, and object stores
- Experience with Agile, including Scrum and Kanban
- Understanding software development in a DevOps culture
- Proponent of solutions using open source software
- Ability and desire to mentor engineers, technologists, and spread cloud knowledge across the organization
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one