Site Reliability Engineer, Platform Engineering
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Are you passionate about digital media, entertainment, and software services? Do you like big challenges and working within a highly motivated team environment? As a Site Reliability Engineer in the Hosting, Strategy, Sales & Scheduling (HSS&S) team, you will help develop modern software solutions that accelerate the migration of workflows into the cloud.
- Develop and implement platform and cloud services to drive our applications
- Work closely with our development partners to define technical specifications based on conceptual design and business requirements.
- Assist with the design and implementation of security and forensics capabilities to ensure governance across multiple cloud venues, private and public.
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies and tools for infrastructure orchestration.
- Design, develop, test, debug, and document new and existing software and or applications.
- Contribute to and respond to code and architecture reviews as needed.
- Write code and scripts to automate everything possible.
- Strong technical expertise and troubleshooting skills for large-scale distributed computing systems and software.
- Strong knowledge of devOps tools for continuous integration
- BS in computer science or related field
- At least 4+ years of experience supporting high volume or large-scale environments
- Knowledgeable in public and private cloud technologies
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, manage, and complete project deliverables
- Linux systems administration skills, across distributions, and especially in a cloud or virtualized environment
- Understanding of IP networking and traffic scaling
- Proven ability to design and present understandable and practical solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrate leadership skills in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including visual presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in research data collection, analysis, and presentation
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Ability to travel when needed; expected travel is 5-25%
- Extensive experience leveraging AWS, Azure, and/or Google Compute Platform to deploy highly reliable and scalable cloud applications
- Expert at script language development, including Python, Node.js, and Perl
- Experience creating and managing projects in version control, including git and github
- Experience with large-scale distributed infrastructures, including technologies for clustering and load balancing
- Understanding of distributed capacity management
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA and REST), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Experience implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools and systems
- Specific experience with container management platforms with a preference of kubernetes
- Demonstrated ability to automate the deployment of infrastructure using tools like Terraform, Ansible, or Chef/Puppet.
- Deep understanding of HTTP, TCP, DNS, UDP, IPv4/IPv6 networking and protocols
- Understanding of network database and storage technologies including NoSQL, NAS, and object stores
- Experience with Agile, including Scrum, Kanban, and Extreme Programming
- Understanding software development in a DevOps culture
- Proponent of open source software licenses
- Ability and desire to mentor engineers, technologists, and managers
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Help the world share their story