Lead Endpoint Security Engineer - Crowdstrike - Remote OK
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Develop, plan, and implement a strategy for continually evolving host monitoring and protection in support of our overall NBCUniversal Cyber Security vision. Create a roadmap and drive our progress along it.
- Partner with the technical operations teams to enhance, maintain and sustain our endpoint security platforms, including anti-malware, system hardening, and EDR. Deliver security services smoothly in a global, 24x7 enterprise.
- Work with architects and engineers to build the tech for your roadmap and meaningfully move the needle for our security capabilities. Lead and influence design, development, and implementation across teams.
- Understand and empathize with our Cyber Security stakeholders (such as NBC News, Sports, Universal Pictures, and Parks & Resorts). Ensure our services are real solutions that help our businesses deliver world-class content and experiences - securely.
- Be a point of a contact for engagement and escalations and keep services focused toward SLAs and key milestones. Value accountability and manage expectations deftly.
- Mentor engineers and other technologists to develop NBCUniversal’s security mindset. Help them understand the domain, ask hard questions, think strategically, and grow as security professionals.
•Deep technical understanding of multiple platforms, products, and concepts in the endpoint protection space such as: Exploit mitigation, anti-virus/malware, telemetry and monitoring tools, and management tooling across Windows, Linux and Mac
•Strong communication abilities, a desire to build consensus, and a comfort relaying technical and security principles and decisions to a wide range of audiences
•Experience designing and operating security tools and services at enterprise-scale
•Experience working and scaling services in cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
•Comfort engaging in deeply technical efforts while keeping a strategic view and staying focused on key goals
•An understanding of security risk and a willingness to make risk-based decisions balancing the urgent and the important
•A thirst for improvement and an inclination to thoughtfully challenge the status quo
•Desire to try things and iterate on them, fail fast, and focus on features that matter
•Experience working with vendor-integrated systems and appliances, broadcast systems, open-source host protection software (Santa, osquery, etc.), or commercial EDR platforms
•Understanding threat intelligence, ATT&CK framework, Cyber Kill Chain, or the Pyramid of Pain, and how they fit into developing internal security strategy
•Orchestrating security tools across complex environments to improve IR and investigations
•Data-driven decision making, light data analytics, and metrics/data visualization
•Comfort with scripting or software development
•Exposure to security compliance requirements/frameworks such as ISO27001, PCI/DSS, NIST 800-53, etc.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price