Master Control Operator
NBCUniversal, Centennial, Colorado
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
The on-air Tech Ops team in Centennial, CO manages playout and monitoring for NBC and Telemundo’s Network Operation and Owned Television Stations. The team also plays an integral role in origination and monitoring of TV Everywhere streams for a diverse portfolio of cable and broadcast properties. Our Master Control Operators play a critical role in maintaining 99.999% on-air reliability in this dynamic, multi-channel environment. Our Operators are technologically curious, obsessed with the details, and excited to solve problems as a team to get compelling content to viewer’s screens.
- Maintain and manipulate on-air playlists, execute program/commercial/marketing changes, support live-event and off-air workflows, send logs for reconciliation and troubleshoot channel playout issues
- Manage commercial integration, including rolling commercial breaks, during taped and live programming
- Monitor and maintain the continuity and availability for 150+ channel streams
- Ensure continuity of programming by confirming that every piece of material is accounted for and ready for on-air playout
- Act as first line responders for internal clients
- Vigilantly protect our air by simulating the experience of a viewer and constantly checking for proper audio, video, captioning and picture quality
- With the guidance of Operation Supervisors, work as a team to promptly recover from any on-air discrepancies
• BA/BS in a related field or equivalent experience
• Full understanding of television production, broadcast operations, and/or news/sports/entertainment technical production requirements
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested talent must apply via nbcunicareers.com in order to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Centennial, CO
• Must have unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must be willing and available to work flexible hours, including overnight shifts, weekends, holidays in order to meet the needs of a 24x7 operation
• 2+ years of experience in a master control or production control room television environment
• Proven passion for media, television, and technology
• Unwavering composure in high-pressure situations
• Fluency in Spanish as a second language
• Acute attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Experience working successfully as part of a team
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits including: medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.