Software Engineer II
NBCUniversal, Universal City, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
NBC News Digital is great home for proactive engineers who can collaborate and inspire other engineers across several different teams.
You will create the tools, infrastructure and digital experiences for one of the most trusted and wide-reaching news sources in the world. From building tools that empower reporters and editors to creating innovative, engaging, high-performance web and mobile experiences, our engineers are the backbone of NBC News, MSNBC, E! Online, and the TODAY show’s online presence.
We work with technologies like Node.js, React, Java GoLang, GraphQL, Mongo, Elastic Search, AWS and more. We’re also committed to collaboration - engineers here partner with product managers, designers, other engineers, and reporters to deliver great software experiences for our users.
- Build, test, review, and ship software for our platforms, including our suite of APIs and microservices, and editorial tools.
- Collaborate on the design of system architecture, data models, data flows, schemas and API contracts.
- Takes ownership and work autonomously on any development task within an application or service, delivering code on time and with a quality mindset.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent industry experience
• 3+ years of development experience
• 2+ years with GoLang, Java, or Node.js
• 1+ years of experience with database technologies including MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Elastic Search, Cassandra, and DynamoDB.
• Rich understanding of RESTful based services
• Experience with one major cloud framework - GCP, Azure or AWS.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in person, team chat, email and meetings
• Experience with automated testing frameworks and methodologies such as junit, Mockito, or Jest
• Experience with GraphQL
• Experience using multiple programming languages.
• Experience with serverless technologies such as lambda.
• Understanding of object-oriented design patterns. (With a focus on the Gang of Four design patterns)
• Web development experience. (React a plus)
• Desire to both learn and teach new concepts as part of a team.
• Experience with data migration.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Help the world share their story