Software Engineer II
NBCUniversal, Orlando, Florida
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
In delivering the key responsibilities of the role, the Software Engineer will;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of full stack projects.
- Build a best-in-class solution for our front end web applications.
- Maintain existing and contribute to the creation of new websites and applications.
- Frequently communicate project progress and updates to senior colleagues, peers and internal stakeholders.
- Participate in code reviews with internal technical staff.
- Undertake the creation of technical documentation.
- Act as a liaison to the business and provide technical guidance to stakeholders.
- Define and work within standards, architect solutions and deliver quality code.
- Work collaboratively, delegate tasks and/ or support others in delivery of key priorities.
• 2+ years experience as a software engineer.
• 2+ years experience writing and consuming web services.
• 2+ years experience on a CMS stack (Drupal, Kentico, Wordpress, Sitecore, etc).
• Proven experience using Java and at least 1 other programming language.
• Demonstrable and practical experience building a ReST architecture.
• A focus and pride in creating user friendly experiences
• Ability and enthusiasm to jump into any software stack and explore and learn.
• Effective communication skills with both peers and management.
• Experience with VOD and streaming video on a B2C application.
• Experience of developing against payment gateways (Vindicia, Vantiv, Stripe, etc).
• Can gather requirements and documents status using Jira or equivalent software.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
GolfNow, a division of NBC Sports Digital is the internet’s largest online tee time reservation service, trusted by more than 1.5 million golfers. Using leading-edge technology, GolfNow provides more ways for golfers to stay connected to their favorite golf courses and tee times through the web, e-mail and mobile applications. As a partner to golf courses, GolfNow provides turnkey solutions to their operations (www.golfnowsolutions.com) with the main areas of focus on:
• Online marketing and distribution of tee times
• Web hosting, development and customer management solutions
• Revenue optimization, database expansion and other course products
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.