Solutions Architect, Media Engineering
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Partner: with Infrastructure, Cloud Ops, Product, Ops, Eng/Development, Program teams, translate business and operational requirements to lead solution design with new workflows, media component integrations, within required timelines and budgets
- Innovate: incorporate transformative technologies & workflows with cloud native capability, incl. support for on-prem
- Develop: ability to codify designs, build reference architectures to support workflows & demonstrate value; continually partner with development teams thru implementation
- Edge: debate positions objectively, drive decisions in a timely manner
- Optimize: identify operational pain points and provide solutions to evolve supply chain to support
- Integrate: services & media components leveraged across workflows and incorporate into design, solutions incl. APIs, setup, configurations for SaaS and hosted 3rd party providers
- Collaborate: connect the dots between internal teams & any disparate workflows to leverage existing tech and practices, reducing costs and time to market
- Present: ability to present iterative designs, conduct road shows for resulting solution recommendations and architectures; demo POCs with hands on application
- Advance: bring market, internal innovations to center of production, supply chain processes; eg. operationalizing ML models
- Market Focus: study emerging technologies, conduct analysis on build v buy; evaluate vendors, track/drive roadmaps
- Inform: educate/mentor partners with technology overviews and details, drive standardization with best practices for architectures & development practices
1.Prior experiences include: video technologies & supporting components, transport, transcode, packaging, incl. media file formats, machine vision technology, OTT devices
2.Strong experience in media file workflows; including file ingest, fulfillment, delivery, and subclipping in both cloud & on prem scenarios
3.Experience with documentation of workflows, architectures, service and component level technical details
4.Working knowledge of standard web technologies (REST api, php, node.js, ruby, python, perl, etc.) and the desire to explore new technologies
5.Experience building microservice architectures and distributed applications in the cloud
6.Strong understanding of security best practices
7.Availability for advanced troubleshooting and support beyond customary business hours
8.Strong written and oral communication skills and effective interpersonal skills fostering collaborative spaces, joint decision making
9.Must be effective working in a geographically-distributed team environment
10.Exude enthusiasm, passion and energy with media, technology and solutions
1.7+ years proven track record with integrations, implementations of media technologies for content ingest & fulfillment workflows
2.Bachelors in Computer Science, Media Engineering or equivalent
3.Experience working with Agile, knowledgeable on or learning for various development / devops methodologies eg chaos engineering
4.Experience with AWS, Azure cloud technologies servicing media workflows
5.Experience with data & analytics concepts, platforms, integrations
6.Experience with ML/AI technologies in service of content supply chains
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Disrupting how fans discover the best new music and events