Software Engineer, Rights & Contracts Engineering
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Software Engineer will develop software, help formalize development process and tooling, and contribute to the technical vision and strategy of the organization.
This role falls within the “Rights and Contracts” organization, which is focused on producing, cataloguing and distributing IP rights and contractual information for the enterprise.
- Work in an agile software development team to complete backlog items, working in conjunction with other developers within NBCUniversal and engineers from external companies.
- Test and create automated tests for your code, ensuring every function, service, and object is compatible with your team’s work and with the many systems within the NBCUniversal system portfolio.
- Act as a development leader, help to formulate best practices and setting up toolsets and procedures for the team, leveraging internally available tools and communicating with other internal development & product teams.
- Stay up-to-date on new development and platform technologies, make recommendations for the right tool for the job, and take the lead in setting up those tools and training other developers on them.
- Communicate with business partners around NBCUniversal to understand the needs of the user, and implement those ideas in software.
- Create documentation for developers as well as business users to help them understand your products.
- Maintain cloud-based platforms and environments of supported applications, troubleshooting and patching functional issues and data issues in lower or production environments when necessary.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Tech Jobs For You
Customer Centric Engineer (Staff / Principal)
Okta, Sydney, Australia; Melbourne, Australia; Brisbane, Austra...