Lead Software Engineer
NBCUniversal, Remote, Remote
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
SportsEngine, Inc., an NBC Sports Group company and leading provider of Sport Relationship Management (SRM) software, is hiring a Lead Software Engineer to join our Customer Data Platform team. Our ideal Lead Software Engineer candidate has at least 5 years of technical experience in a collaborative team environment delivering scalable, secure, and highly available SaaS applications. In fulfilling the key areas of responsibility for the role, the successful candidate will;
- Develop highly interactive and developer friendly data platform libraries and integrations.
- Work directly with Product Managers, Product Owners, User Experience, Quality Engineers, Principal Engineers, and Operations teammates to define, create, enhance, maintain, and deploy analytics and data integrations for their applications.
- Constantly use best practices by coding small, utilizing short lived branches, using feature toggles, building APIs, creating and maintaining unit tests, applying modern frameworks and design patterns, actively reducing technical debt, and continuously delivering by merging/releasing daily to the mainline branch.
- Lead and directly manage a small team of 1 to 3 Engineers.
- Perform 1-on-1’s, give feedback, and facilitate tasks to direct reports.
- Mentor, support, and provide technical leadership to engineers and the team.
- Lead others in the completion of complex tasks/projects while also contributing as an individual engineer.
- Plan, design, and estimate software engineering efforts.
- Represent the technical perspective within the team’s Triad meeting.
- Be active in shaping a culture of learning across the Product Development team
Our Technical Stack
- Angular, and TypeScript.
- Ruby on Rails web application framework.
- Git, MySQL, NoSQL, Linux, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, and Serverless.
- 5 or more years professional experience.
- Skilled at aligning a team around a technical vision.
- Skilled to help others learn and grow in their careers.
- Driven, motivated, and committed to a team oriented culture.
- Considerable ability to create RESTful APIs with HTTP protocols.
- Considerable knowledge of event-driven microservices architecture.
- Familiarity with various data concepts and analytics platforms like Google Analytics, mParticle and Periscope.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent training or experience.
- Endless intellectual curiosity.
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- Exhibits a deep respect for the craft, and values building software sustainably by using modern techniques and industry best practices.
Our passion and commitment to making a difference extends beyond SportsEngine and is shared with our parent company, NBCUniversal.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.