Senior Software Engineer (NodeJS)
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
We need an experienced software engineer with a broad background to participate in the ongoing development of a very large microservices based system. We have a very collaborative environment and a distributed team, so we need someone who is conscientious, energetic, and passionate. We need an engineer who is very good at influencing and teaching their fellow technologists. We are a mature Agile/Scrum shop and work in two-week sprints.
• Develop highly scalable services following a microservice architecture.
• Design, develop and deliver software on progressive and growing platforms, primarily using AWS, Lambda and NodeJS.
• Implement and troubleshoot, suggest necessary features and identifying enhancement opportunities.
• Complete tasks as part of an agile team and adapt to dynamic business requirements.
• Closely partner with other Software Engineers and Software Quality Engineers and engage in team efforts.
• Work with architecture and engineering teams to produce high-quality technology solutions.
• Must have a bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent degree.
• Must have 7+ years of experience in the field.
• Must have hands-on experience building serverless applications using AWS, Lambda and NodeJS using best practices.
• Must have hands-on experience with AWS cloud infrastructure as well as different AWS services such as Lambda, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, API Gateway, CloudFormation
• Must have hands-on experience with NoSQL databases as well as with relational databases.
• Must have hands-on experience building low latency and high throughput transactional services with continuous integration and automation testing.
• Must have experience leading software development teams that have automated QA testing in an Agile/Scrum setting.
• Must have experience collaborating and contributing insights to solution design, ensuring
success of the product and adherence to enterprise architecture principles.
• Great interpersonal and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong attention to detail
• You must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Cloud Platform Engineer, Financial Services
Red Ventures, Charlotte, NC or Austin, TX or Detroit, MI or Remote