Principal Quality Engineer
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
SPECIFIC DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Conducts testing across multiple projects, determining the appropriate automation strategy and resourcing for each
- Establishes automation frameworks that improves quality, drives down cycle time, increases coverage and integrates with the Dev Ops pipeline
- Works alongside team members, performing hands-on testing, programming, scripting and debugging
- Effectively delegates responsibilities to team members, mentors and provides them with repeatable processes, and verifies the quality of their work
- Utilizes metrics to measure accomplishments and monitors progress, ensuring defects are quickly communicated and projects are completed on-time
- Communicates progress and the impact of solutions in technical terms to technology partners and in business terms to Ad Sales business partners
- Provides expertise and support for test and operational problems to determine presence and scope of potential defects
- Establishes a reputation as a technical expert, keeping current with new technologies, developing innovative technical ideas and generating proposals
- Works with product to learn business objectives, engineering to understand architecture and align test strategy, and operations on environments and deployments
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline.
•Minimum 4 years experience with formalized software testing experience with an emphasis on automation
•Hands-on experience building automation frameworks and utilizing frameworks such as Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Serenity, TestNG and JUnit, with fluent Java coding skills.
•Experience automating testing for both front-end applications and back-end services, including integrations (e.g., REST APIs, SOAP)
•Strong knowledge of and experience with relational databases, data structures and SQL.
•Understanding of and experience testing in cloud environments, particularly AWS
•Experience integrating tests into a CI/CD pipeline with tools like Jenkins
•Willingness to work overtime and on weekends when necessary and depending on project needs
•Experience within a media company
•Excellent written and verbal communications; effective interpersonal skills; strong formal presentation abilities.
•Experience with performance and/or security testing
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world