Senior Manager, Software Engineering, NBC News Digital
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
You have experience managing complex technical projects, while this role does not have specific requirements around a particular stack, you should be able to show you have deep technical chops. You’ve been working as an engineer for at least 8 years with at least 2 years of leadership/management experience.
You’ve led and been a member of high performing teams with strong engineering practices. You release early and often and you’ve put the systems in place to do that safely and reliably. You know the business impact of your work. You are an excellent debugger of problems.
- Manage a team of software engineers working anywhere in our stack e.g. front end rendering layers, our content management systems, APIs, etc.
- Partner with product managers, technical program managers and business stakeholders on a cross-functional team to drive projects forward, provide leadership, and communicate vision to the team.
- Be accountable for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex projects.
- Manage technical risk and promote responsible innovation.
- Hire the best talent for your team, set expectations, manage performance of your reports.
- Bring and support technical vision that aligns with product and business goals.
- Set goals and hit them.
- Collapse ambiguity and provide context for your reports to help them succeed.
• 8+ years experience in software development or related
• 2+ years recent experience of technical leadership and
• Comfortable with a variety of languages and frameworks,
and willing to learn new ones.
• Successful track record of on-time delivery of projects.
• Excellent debugger and problem solver.
• Thoughtful and compassionate leader. (High EQ)
• Strong communication skills.
• Experience with building teams and/or organizations,
including hiring and managing performance.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.