Sr UI/ UX Designer
NBCUniversal, Orlando, Florida
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The key responsibilities for the role will include;
- Delivering functional and aesthetically strong products, driven by user requirements that provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Demonstrating empathy for end user experience and delivering UI with that in mind.
- Tracking progress, time and communicating effectively using available tools including Jira, Slack, Teams and Confluence.
- Identifying risks within projects and escalate in a timely manner.
- Designing and mapping out the user experience for all GolfNow products, including flows and graphic elements.
- Consulting with colleagues and customers to determine the functions expected and to create and optimize the user experience of our products.
- Producing Sketch files for the use of the Product & Technology Team in specifying design requirements and implementing products.
- Working closely with the Software Engineering Team to ensure that designs and flows are implemented successfully
- Assessing and giving feedback on product and making any recommendations for improvement or further development.
- Coach peers and junior designers to support growth of their design and leadership skills.
- Lead meetings with UX and engineering staff.
- Create design systems for digital products.
- Contribute technical expertise to the design components of the development effort.
• 5+ years of experience as UX|UI Designer or Interaction Designer within a consumer facing organization or digital agency.
• 3+ years of experience working with multi-platform, living room and mobile apps.
• Advanced knowledge of Sketch & Adobe Creative Suite.
• Working experience with Invision, Principle, After Effects or related prototype software.
• A critical eye for detail and the ability to develop an in depth understanding of users’ needs.
• Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate ideas and proposals through information & presentations.
• Ability to share a current strong portfolio showcasing a broad range of examples of past work in UX/UI and IXD.
• Experience in iOS, tvOS and Android Platforms.
• Knowledge of additional platforms (OTT, Roku, Samsung, Xbox, Amazon Fire), UX guidelines, design language and interface design.
• Experience with variety of user research techniques including user testing.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
GolfNow, a division of Golf Channel is the internet’s largest online tee time reservation service, trusted by more than 1.5 million golfers. Using leading-edge technology, GolfNow provides more ways for golfers to stay connected to their favorite golf courses and tee times through the web, e-mail and mobile applications. As a partner to golf courses, GolfNow provides turnkey solutions to their operations (www.golfnowsolutions.com) with the main areas of focus on:
• Online marketing and distribution of tee times
• Web hosting, development and customer management solutions
• Revenue optimization, database expansion and other course products
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.