Project Engineer – Distribution Engineering
NBCUniversal, Centennial, Colorado
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- This is a ‘hands-on keyboard’ engineering role, responsible for commissioning on-air critical distribution systems.
- This role will primarily support commissioning of monitoring and control systems, automation systems, core IP routing systems, signal processing and other broadcast systems
- Work with internal subject matter experts and vendors to resolve problems as necessary
- Work with vendors to understand, lead, and push the industry to create and deliver solutions that work for NBCUniversal
- Work closely with the Project Engineering group to ensure the architectural design of the facility ties out with the overall design objectives of NBCUniversal
- Work closely with the Technical Operations group to enhance existing system, workflow, and process
- The role will also have responsibility for compression and IP transport systems. This includes statistical multiplexing, ABR/CBR, using a variety of broadcast vendor technologies.
- The role will involve working with IP transport including multicast/unicast, in-band signaling & out-of-band signaling
- This role will involve working with RF transmission including satellite uplink/downlink, IRD management
- Create conceptual documentation on systems, networks, policies, and procedures as well as communicate the documentation to the larger engineering and operations community
- Train the 24x7 engineering team in support of critical systems
- Act as level II escalation support for core systems
-BS/BA or equivalent work experience
-5+ years hands-on engineering experience with Broadcast Engineering, Transmissions, Master Control or similar work environment.
-Expert knowledge of SD/HD-SDI, ASI, MPEG and J2K signal types.
-Expert in video compression, including in-band/out-of-band signaling
-Expert in video systems engineering troubleshooting
-Knowledge of networking and TS Over IP principals.
-Experience with Evertz, Snell, Grass Valley, Ross, Ateme, Sencore and other leading manufacturers in routers, switchers and terminal gear.
-Understanding signal flows and CAD drawings.
-This role is for an experienced engineer who is well versed in established video playout and distribution technologies but has developed skills outside of the traditional broadcast sphere. These skills could include
oIT infrastructure – deep understanding of IT technologies as they relate to the broadcast sphere. This includes networking, storage infrastructure or database administration.
Additional Job Requirements
-Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
-Must be willing to work in Centennial, CO
-Must have some flexibility with regard to the schedule, in order to meet the needs of a 24x7 operation
-Understanding of virtual environments i.e. VMware and Docker
-Understanding of cloud architectures (public and private)
-Understanding of broadcast automation technology
-Understanding of UHD encoding/distribution
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits including: medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary Range: $110,000 - $125,000
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.