Software Engineer II
NBCUniversal, Remote, Remote
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Develop highly interactive, user friendly, and feature rich applications.
- Work directly with Product Managers, Product Owners, User Experience, Quality Engineers, Principal Engineers, and Operations teammates to define, create, enhance, maintain, and deploy applications.
- Constantly use best practices by building APIs, creating and maintaining unit tests, applying modern frameworks and design patterns, actively reducing technical debt, and continuously delivering by merging/releasing consistently to the mainline branch.
- Complete complex tasks with minimal amount of oversight or supervision.
- Occasionally plan, design, and estimate software engineering efforts.
- Discuss design and architecture with other engineering teammates.
- Contribute towards evolving the application architecture.
Our Technical Stack
- Angular (with TypeScript)
- Git, TFS
- MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL
- Linux, Windows
- Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, and Serverless
• 3 or more years professional software development experience in c#.
• 2 or more years professional software development experience in MS SQL or T-SQL equivalent.
• Experience in a collaborative team environment .
• Experience working in a continuous integration environment.
• Ability to write high-quality, modular, maintainable, and secure code.
• Experience with testing best practices, including unit and integration tests.
• Ability to work well within a team environment and be self-starting and self-sufficient.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent training or experience.
• Experience with processing payments in a high-volume environment.
• Experience with payment facilitation integration (stripe / world pay).
• Thrives in a collaborative team environment.
• Experience with RESTful APIs and HTTP protocols.
• Exhibits a deep respect for the craft, and values building software sustainably by using modern techniques and industry best practices.
• Experience with object-oriented design, ability to apply software patterns, and consuming event-driven applications using REST APIs within a microservice architecture.
• Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with other teammates of different software disciplines and technical skill sets.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.