Director, Data Products Engineering
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
• Provide technical, functional and project supervision to the Ad Sales BI team. Develop close working relationships with business stakeholders to identify functional requirements for the data warehouse, reports, dashboards and final data products
• Work closely with IT partners, Technical Product Management and various business stakeholders in defining business requirements and shaping the long-term direction of the data products program.
• Define project roadmaps: ensure all milestones are met, risk is communicated and data quality is never compromised.
• Prioritize department project work, delegate responsibilities effectively and ensure accountability
• Leverage prototyping methodologies to propose and design creative business solutions that exploit our broad toolset of technologies.
• Collaborate with the IT platform, infrastructure and architecture teams in introducing and integrating new analytics/data tools into the organization.
• Participate in the department’s data governance initiatives: assist in developing, promoting and enforcing documentation, data standards and quality in the Ad Sales Data Products program.
• Organize and socialize metadata resources, such as data lineage documents, data mappings, data dictionaries, training documents, knowledge base/wiki, etc
• Coordinate final production releases with project team, platform teams, business team ensuring communications, release notes
• Broad understanding of the media and entertainment field is required.
• Familiarity with Operative, FreeWheel, Google Ad Manager, Omniture and other similar ad tech data sets
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field with 10+ years of industry experience.
• Strong Computer Science/Engineering/Information Systems background
• 8+ years in data warehousing projects with at least 3 years of full life cycle experience in implementation and support of DW Solutions
• 8+ years of work experience in system design and development using various tools and technologies.
• 5+ Years Experience in Application Development, including User Interface / User Experience Design
• Experience in Data Modeling, Data architecture, Data Quality, Metadata, ETL and Data Warehouse methodologies and technologies.
• Proven ability to architect and design a large scale data solution that allow rapid ingest, processing and responsive interaction with massive data sets
• Demonstrated experience with developing complex Business Intelligence reporting solutions
• Experience in the following is preferred: SQL, Linux, Microstrategy, SharePoint, AWS, S3, Lambdas, Python, Pandas, Scala, EMR/Databricks.
• Experience in the following is a plus: Big Data (HIVE), Teradata, MongoDB, Cassandra, Talend, Tableau, HTML, Java/JSP, Angular, Bootstrap, APIs or Elasticsearch.
• Strong problem-solving and root cause analysis skills.
• Strong communicator with ability to work a highly matrixed environment with right blend of intellect and influence
• Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate new concepts and drive change in processes and behaviors and also to communicate complex technical topics to management and non-technical audiences.
• Proven ability to lead multiple teams of global contractors and mentor in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies and track and measure results.
• Ability to design concise and visually appealing reports, user interfaces, mockups and documentation
• Strong analytical focus, results-oriented and execution driven, with the ability to align technology developments with the generation of potential competitive business advantage.
• Self-motivated, well organized and has strong innovation and facilitation skills, especially in driving consensus among senior technical resources.
• Ability and desire to work within a cross-functional team environment with people from multiple business units, vendors, countries and cultures.
• Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
• Demonstrates good personal time management skills, including punctuality, time reporting and completion of assigned tasks within agreed time frames
• Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and proactive in solving issues
• Committed and solution focused with the ability to perform under pressure and meeting targets
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Tech Jobs For You
Full Stack Developer (Enterprise Web Applications - Ingestion)
LiveRamp, San Francisco, CA, United States