Director, Supply Chain Operations
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
This position will oversee a bi-coastal team of Managers, Supervisors, Media Asset Managers and operations support technicians across our 30 Rock, Englewood Cliffs and Los Angeles offices. his team is responsible for centralized content and metadata ingest, transcode, archive and delivery to/from various internal and external destinations in support of both marketing and programming production. This position will also be responsible for the tactical onboarding, training, level one support & administration of all NBCU and 3rd party users across a connected ecosystem in partnership with our product, engineering and program teams.
The person who takes on this role will also play a key role in forming the division’s strategic roadmap and actualizing its tactical implementation. They will ensure the technical infrastructure, workflows and personnel are operating productively and in alignment with the larger goals of the division and brand client base. The individual will also be responsible for the quality and reliability of personnel and workflows, as well as responsible for achieving financial goals and productivity targets as well as selected strategic initiatives.
- Manage and lead a bicoastal team of staff and freelance media management and support operations technicians
- Lead the operations management of the following in-house and vendor provided toolsets: Production MAM, Evertz Mediator, Signiant Media Shuttle, Telestream Vantage, Adobe Experience Manager, Airtable, Snapstream; and LTO, Object and public cloud storage pools, among others.
- Lead and author user training, standard operating procedures and associated user onboarding documentation
- Lead and implement escalation protocol, ticketing as well as immediate and longterm mitigation procedures across all systems within oversight.
- Create workflow automation, efficiencies and simplification throughout the marketing and content supply chain
- Collaborate closely with clients, program, product, engineering and their post peers on shared enterprise initiatives
- Lead and participate in product feature roadmap discussions to ensure brand needs are prioritized and can be successfully implemented with the desired results.
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Post Operations to ensure content and metadata flows seamlessly in and out of Avid, Adobe and DaVinci creative toolsets
- Play a key role in articulating, supporting and implementing the long-range vision and strategy of the Post department and NBCU Technical Operations as a whole
- Ensure availability, reliability and growth across personnel, workflows and infrastructure, with a specific focus on media and metadata management, and workflow orchestration.
- Financial adherence and accuracy in personnel, operating and capital budgets
- Oversee the hiring and training of staff/freelance personnel as needed
• A minimum of 7 years’ experience in post-production
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a personnel management role
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Working knowledge of post production content creation tools such as Avid and Adobe Creative Suite
• Working knowledge of transcoding, automated qc, media management and file transport technologies
• Working knowledge of video, audio and digital file formats and codecs
• Working knowledge of media and metadata processes in an on-prem and cloud environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage financials including personnel and project budgets
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY, or Englewood Cliffs, NJ upon return to office
• Must be willing to travel to Los Angeles, New York City and other locations as needed
• Must be able to work flexible hours and must be willing to work off-hours and on weekends as needed
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.