Broadcast Network Engineer
NBCUniversal, Miami, Florida
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Job Purpose / Candidate Requirements
The Broadcast Network Engineer will work within a dedicated team of network engineers tasked with ensuring network stability for NBCUniversal’s broadcast and media preparation facility in Miami, Fl. They will implement expeditious solutions to address and resolve requirements or issues placed on them by operations and the business. The selected candidate will execute on operational tasks, project workload, design and implementation reviews, provide subject matter expertise and work closely with the on-air support engineers in Denver, New York and New Jersey. The Broadcast Network Engineer will report into Broadcast Network Engineering management working closely with a larger team of engineers supporting the Telemundo Center facility. The Broadcast Network Engineer will also work closely with NBCUniversal IT organization to ensure standardized platforms and systems are utilized whenever possible.
Potential candidates must possess a range of the following skills:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Core Routing and Switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting,
- Knowledge of networking best practices in:
- Routing protocols OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- Spanning-tree, VTP, Port Channels, Load balancing, SPAN
- Multicast PIM Sparse/Dense, MSDP
- Traditional WAN connectivity including T1/T3, OC48
- MPLS traffic engineering design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- LDP - Label distribution
- MPBGP-VPNv4, Multi-VRF and VRF-Lite
- Quality of Service (QoS) understanding and configuration, able to customize across all Cisco platforms to support Video, and selected applications
- Excellent understanding of VPN - site to site, client, IPSEC (including the protocol suite), IKE, tunnel modes, SSL clientless / AnyConnect, Tunnels between ASAs, Routers
- Extensive experience and strong technical skills including the design, configuration, and tuning of Cisco, Juniper, and Palo Alto firewalls
- Extensive experience and expertise of F5 Load Balancers, GTM and LTM’s
- Evaluate and provide recommendations of overall network requirements for performance, availability, utilization and reliability
- Provide good technical advice in software development process for Network Software and Automation, code development, validation, testing and acceptance
- Design, implement and tune TCP/IP networking stack across various operating systems
- Ensures network security best practices are intergraded into the entire infrastructure
- New vendor product evaluation and selection
- Participate in operational on-call rotation for support of 24x7 production on-air network infrastructure
- Training of team members on infrastructure deployments and perform formal project turnovers
•B.S. degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or equivalent experience
•Minimum 5-years’ experience leading complex project builds with proven performance to achieve on-time completion of projects
•Demonstrated successful design, planning and implementation of wide and local area network architecture, including troubleshooting and capacity planning
•Minimum 2 years of professional experience with Infrastructure as Code in Networking infrastructure in general
•Minimum 2 years infrastructure as code experience utilizing Python, REST, YAML, Ansible and/or Terraform
•Experience developing CI/CD, NetDevOps model.
•Experience with version control systems.
•Expertise working on a team with motivated cross functional individuals focused on a common goal of delivering cutting edge solutions to meet aggressive business demands in an ever-changing environment to achieve on-time and on budget completion of projects
•Strong communication skills
•Solid documentation experience with Visio, Word, Excel
•Ambitious and goal oriented, with initiative to work until job is complete
•Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
•Occasional travel for project and remote event support
•Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
•Must be covered by Solutions, NBCUniversal's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
•Extensive knowledge of datacenter design utilizing the full suite of Cisco Nexus 7000 & 9000 product line and NXOS including design & configuration
•Proven knowledge of Cisco ASR 9000 and IOS-XR
•Proven expertise in Cisco IOS based switching and routing products
•Experience in application and WAN optimization appliance design and configuration
•Experience in the design and implementation of data and/or video network infrastructures for implementing complex projects (any “first time” builds)
•Proven experience in core and internet DMZ (External Facing) infrastructures, including acceptance testing and operational support of new hardware and software
•Proven experience in Tier 2 / Tier 3 troubleshooting
•Experience designing and deploying necessary networking governance controls to insure the network meets or exceeds service levels
•Experience developing Web front-end using frameworks like Vue.js/Angular/React or Flask/Django
•Experience developing CI/CD pipelines for Jenkins
•Experience with Docker containers, Docker-compose, and Kubernetes
•Experience mentoring team members, fostering knowledge growth and collaboration
•Proven team player, must be comfortable in a team setting as well as acting as an individual contributor
•Cisco certification and other network vendor certification (Juniper, Palo Alto, Arista, etc…)
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos