Director of Architecture, Enterprise Applications
NBCUniversal, Remote, Remote
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Devise, lead, and manage initiatives to create and implement enterprise-wide architectures, technical strategies, enterprise platforms, product architectures, and cloud initiatives within the Enterprise Applications organization
- Partner with engineering, architecture and product teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud solutions that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of cloud services, primarily in AWS but to include Azure and GCP.
- Develop, document, publish, explain, and evangelize design patterns that are industry best practices, align with company standards, and promote internal business and technology strategies
- Present solutions, design patterns, and other information to internal and external stakeholders in both internal and public forums
- Define and manage the assignments for the architects within the Engineering & Architecture organization – leading, coaching, and mentoring them through their assignments and duties
- Design and prototype patterns, platforms, and applications that are of strategic importance
- Assist with the design and implementation of cloud governance capabilities to ensure security and compliance across multiple cloud platforms.
- Coach, teach and advocate for the adoption of design patterns, cloud services, infrastructure-as-code automation techniques/tools, and CI/CD techniques/tools.
- Keep up to date with current, emerging, and future cloud technologies, services, tools, and trends in search of innovative new capabilities and apply to new and existing architectures.
- Review solutions to ensure they are designed, developed, tested, deployed, and maintained in accordance prescribed solution architectures, design patterns, industry best practices, company standards, and internal business and technology strategies
- Envision, design, promote, and evangelize new or upgraded systems, applications, tools, platforms, and processes that meet current and future enterprise needs.
- Consistently exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
•Track record in defining enterprise-wide strategies and architectures
•Strong experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) to architect and deploy reliable, cost-effective, scalable, and secure cloud-native solutions.
•Track record of architecting and presenting solutions that balance complex business, financial, and technical goals.
•Experience integrating cloud (primarily AWS) services and on-premise solutions
•Experience building cloud cost models and identifying and implementing cost optimizations.
•Experience with infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting using infrastructure as code mechanisms as such as CloudFormation, CDK, Ansible, and others.
•Understanding of risk, secure cloud configuration, and infrastructure best practices that support a secure cloud infrastructure strategy
•Strong verbal and written communication skills, including visual presentation skills.
•Strong customer facing experience with the ability to communicate to technical and non-technical leaders
•Ability to work affectively across internal and external organizations.
•Ability to travel when needed; expected travel is 5-25%.
•Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent (Engineering or Computer Science preferred).
•Generally requires 7-10 years of related experience.
•AWS certifications: AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional or other relevant cloud certifications.
•Solid understanding of cloud networking concepts and HTTP, TCP, DNS, UDP, IPv4/IPv6 networking and protocols.
•A proven track record of migrating significant legacy IT applications and tools to modern, cloud-first architectures
•Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
•History in a global corporate environment, driving results across multiple business elements with different priorities and governance
•Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
•A thirst for improvement and an inclination to thoughtfully challenge the status quo
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.