Technical Lead – Analytic Platforms
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The D&A team is focused on data and analytics strategies for the future. We support NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands - from broadcast, cable, news, and sports networks to film studios, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties. We take pride in supplying our business groups with data to advise and shape strategic business decisions related to our content.
In the Technical Lead role at NBCU, your main responsibilities will be three-fold: you’ll participate in the building of roadmaps for all of our BI/Analytics platforms, you’ll act as a hands-on mentor who can train stakeholders on our platforms, and you’ll ensure the technical direction for our platforms are aligned to the product needs as well as to the overall technology strategy.
This position requires a passionate technologist – if you’re someone with expertise in data and can maintain the fine balance of business acumen and deep technical knowledge, you’ve come to the right place. Here you can drive product transformation. Join us!
- Work with Data & Analytics teams to evaluate products that align with our technology strategy and business requirements. Works with appropriate teams to transform product selection into enterprise solutions for the company.
- Manage the roadmap, selection and implementation of our Analytical platform tools (ex. Clue, Airflow, Boomi, Databricks, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Participate in the design/architect of multi-tenant enterprise environments ensuring high availability, fault tolerance, high secure and disaster recovery
- Create, implement and govern standards and procedures to ensure products are managed consistently and properly
- Lead technology and tools feasibility activities aimed to create tool selection based on business and technology alignment.
- Work with your team members to design and implement features and services for the analytics platform the team manages, and make sure the design choices are well documented and explained.
- Assist with identifying, analyzing, testing and implementing new analytic tools
- Hands-on mentor: drive tool adoption, create standards, communicate standards, and train stakeholders/users across the company
- Champion continuous improvement and you have a keen eye to raise the bar for security, scalability, and observability of the platform, as well as customer satisfaction
- Provides feedback and technical guidance to administration and operations team
- Work with the team to ensure conformity to standards and best practices.
- Oversee client/customer/vendor relations to ensure that service expectations are met or exceeded
- Assist with installing, configuring and managing platform tools in the cloud
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science in related discipline or equivalent
- 8+ years of overall experience in a related field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Technical Lead within BI and Cloud Technology
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with coding (Java, Python, Node, etc.) and databases
- Experience in database design, integration, architecture and performance tuning practices
- Experience with various Data Warehouse solutions and ETL/ELT tools
- Knowledge of analytical tools i.e., Databricks, R Studio, Tableau, Power BI and Data Studio
- Experience with Hybrid cloud and data architectures
- Experience installing tools on a cloud-based infrastructure (IAAS) AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with modern data analytics approaches
- Project management skills and be able to manage multiple projects. Work in fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable experience in effective verbal and written communications, and interaction with internal and external customers at all levels
- Solution-focused, ability to perform under pressure and met stretch targets
- An understanding of the media/entertainment industry is preferred
- Experience across Snowflake or Cloud-based databases a plus
- Team player, ability to work in a global environment
- Ability to lead a global staff and projects in multiple locations•
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skill
- Solid understanding of systems engineering to ensure a high-performance architecture (CPU, memory, storage, caching, etc.)
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution, presentation, and customer service skills
- Proven ability to evaluate and manage risk
- Proactive, great attention to detail, and results-oriented problem solver
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid