Project Manager, Production Technology
NBCUniversal, Universal City, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Project Manager will define project scope, strategy, priority and timelines in partnership with the wider program. To that end, the Product Manager will need to understand and evaluate business partner needs. The Project Manager is also a technical role in nature that will analyze and recommend solutions that ensures business needs are met. The role will provide direct input to the product roadmap and will partner with product management and technical solutions teams to understand requirements for application development, cloud solutions, APIs and other integrations, data stewardship and vendor management.
The Project Manager will ensure key milestones are met across application development including development, testing, UAT, training, and support. The role will define scope and exit criteria for the project as well as for each sprint. The Project Manager is familiar with Agile development and will need to quickly adapt as the team drives forward.
The Project Manager will join a team consisting of high-performing individuals that execute on a broad range of activities, including elicitation and scoping, requirements analysis, systems analysis, functional architecture, interface architecture, and knowledge management.
Specific responsibilities include –
- Serve as liaison between Business and IT; Understand business needs and objectives. Collaborate with business partner to define project scope and business objectives for defined workflows
- Partner with the IT Product Manager and fully understand the business domain
- Contribute to platform strategies such as Cloud Migration, API integrations, user interface; in the future, reporting and analytics
- Run sprint planning and facilitate daily scrum meetings
- Represent Universal PCAsO team in program meetings and discussions
- Coordinate and partner with vendor & multiple business units for their respective sprint planning sessions
- Attend regular PCAsO program management and executive leadership discussions
- Report progress to executive leadership and program management stakeholders
- Understand multiple moving parts across the program and provide insight and guidance to the PCAsO team
- Drive team discussions, partner with IT Product Manager and manage milestone delivery and communications.
- Facilitate product & engineering story review and refinement
- Identify business & technology challenges / problems and gather necessary team members for key decisions and discussions to identify solutions that meet business goals
- Plan and schedule required meetings and follow up discussions
- Collaborate with technology teams across several businesses and vendors
- Partner with the various software development and technical services groups on the technical design and development process ensuring business requirements are understood and delivered
- Work directly with a product owner, business stakeholders, designers, developers, testers and engineers to coordinate the building of applications to spec and on time
- Recognize and predict use cases to help design intuitive applications
- Create, maintain, and execute key testing artifacts such as test strategy and test plans
- Drive the overall planning process associated with user acceptance testing
- Maintain functional and technical applications documentation
- Excellent ability to relay highly complex information to others and have it interpreted correctly, presenting messages in a way that enhances understanding for large scale complex projects
- Strong ability to consistently anticipate users’ needs through an in depth understanding of a users’ requirements and desires
- Understand and apply Corporate IT standards, designs and documentation standards into recommended project.
- Prepare & maintain key project documentation like project charter, project timelines, meeting minutes, action items/next steps,decisions log, risks & issues log, strategic approach, exit criteria and other documents as required
- Work with business partners to develop acceptance criteria and a plan to facilitate user acceptance testing to ensure that the solution meets the business needs.
- Identify and communicate risks to delivering solutions on time and on budget to the business stakeholders
Additional Job Requirements
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
The best bed for better sleep