NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
As part of the global Operations & Technology organization, Data & Analytics is focused on analytics strategies for the future. We support NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands - from broadcast, cable, news, and sports networks to film studios, world-renowned theme parks, and a diverse suite of digital properties. We take pride in supplying our business groups with data to advise and shape strategic business decisions related to our content.
In the Solution Architect role, you’ll be working with internal stakeholders, data engineers, data scientists, and other technologists across the business. If you’re someone who loves to tackle complex problems and stays on top of cutting-edge technology across the cloud landscape, then this role is a great fit for you. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
- Collaborate with business leaders, engineers, data scientists, and product managers to create solutions that are comprehensive, scalable, and agile to changing tech and media landscapes.
- Understand NBCU’s various types of analytics processes for batch, event-based, and streaming analytics in order to create a library of architectural frameworks that solve for common and unique data patterns within and across multi-cloud environments.
- Design, educate, and evangelize best practices for cloud architectures that optimize for the pillars of efficiency, cost, security, resiliency, and scale.
- Understand and apply the latest analytics techniques with concepts such as Data Mesh, Data Virtualization, and Lakehouse patterns in the cloud.
- Assist in the creation of analytics strategy roadmaps for NBCUniversal by thoroughly understanding process requirements across the supported business teams.
- As a subject matter expert for cloud architecture, you’ll advise, support, and review the architectural decisions and implementations of various NBCUniversal technical teams.
- Regularly evaluate and monitor our NBCU cloud environments to ensure they remain hardened for security, privacy, and disaster recovery.
- Conduct comparative research, risk assessments, and proof-of-concepts for new technical solutions and design patterns that support the strategic objectives of NBCUniversal.
- Participate in sprints, demos, retrospectives, and releases within our agile Sprint processes.
- Build and maintain relationships with diverse operational teams to effectively implement products into production.
Provide responsive support and troubleshooting of technical issues as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, information systems, data science, or relevant field.
- Certification as an AWS Certified Solutions Architect or AWS Certified Developer is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in designing and implementing robust & varied analytics and API solutions in the cloud, particularly with AWS, serverless and otherwise.
- Intuitive knowledge of Well-Architected Frameworks and principles for the cloud.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD automation techniques and security concepts for production cloud deployments.
- Knowledge of data science and ML processes is a plus for supporting those analytics use cases.
- Analytical – You have experience in delivering data analytics solutions that promote data discovery and predictive analytics.
- Communicator – You have excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate ideas effectively across all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical.
- Action-oriented – You're constantly figuring out new problems and are regularly showing results with a positive attitude, always displaying ethical behavior, integrity, and building trust.
- Strong understanding of Agile principles and best practices.
- You’ve dealt with ambiguity and can make quality decisions in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos