Director, Technical Product Management
NBCUniversal, New York, New York
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Director Technical Product Management for Data Product and Analytics will be responsible for technical product management of multiple products within the Analytics and Data Products areas of Ad Sales. The role requires understanding of the Ad Sales ecosystem in order to effectively manage the product development roadmap for his/her suite of products.
The Ad Sales Technical Product Management organization adheres to the following Product Management pillars:
Business Strategy and Objectives Alignment.
We understand and can articulate business objectives, priorities and demands. We understand the technology landscape and ensure products are built to support business goals and objectives as well as adhere to technology operating principles, best practices & standards, and fit into the overall strategic goals of NBCUniversal.
We are effective at delivering solutions. We ensure clarity in requirements, relevant and efficient technology processes and procedures, and overall fluid software development shop.
We plan, manage execution, and communicate milestones and challenges. We identify risks and effectively work to mitigate them.
- Define and own the long-term vision, strategy and roadmap for Analytics and drive the execution of initiatives for the product and engineering teams
- Explore multiple internal & external datasets and collaborate with our business partners to understand their challenges and define analytical tools
- Manage globally distributed, cross-functional software engineering and development projects
- Analyze business requirements, source systems, data sources, transformation requirements, data mapping, data model and metadata for reporting solutions
- Build strong partnerships with stakeholders across the company to drive positive business outcomes
- Draw from strong expertise in Big Data, BI and Database technologies
- Stay up-to-date and aligned with Business Initiatives’ strategic goals and objectives
- Own and drive forward holistic product development roadmaps
- Manage the full project life cycle including budgeting, obtain and manage resources, requirements gathering, creation of project plans, execution, deployment and closure
- Partner with product, engineering and design teams to ensure feature requirements are clear and appropriately captured as user stories in a product backlog
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies such as inceptions, standups and retros
- Be responsible for overall product quality, ensuring technical solutions are well supported and adhere to company standards
- Track and report product milestones and key deliverables
- Define and analyze key performance metrics and use this data to identify compelling opportunities, improve user experiences and produce better results
- Manage and maintain Product 360 on a suite of products
- Ongoing evaluation and documentation of technical product management processes and procedures
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
•Minimum 5 years of experience in Technical Product Management for data analytics and BI solutions
•At least 5 years experience with Big Data, data integrations / ETL, data lakes, data validation, data governance and data analytics concepts like relational data modeling and data fabric architectures
•Familiar with AWS, Snowflake service offerings is highly preferred
•Experience in Supporting 24x7 mission critical applications
•Proven ability to set a vision, excite, and lead a cross-functional engineering team
•Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
•This role may be virtual/remote to start but will eventually work several days a week out of the New York City office at 1221 6th Avenue
•Creative thinker who thrives on solving challenging problems with analytical thinking skills
•Strong technical abilities to hold your own in debates with technical architects and engineers
•Good understanding of the media marketplace and technology trends
•Experience with various platforms such as Omniture, Adobe Analytics, Rentrak/comScore, Operative.One, OnAir, Google DoubleClick, Freewheel, Nielsen, WideOrbit Traffic, etc.
•Excited to work with data, comfortable working with large datasets, creating entity relationships and using data to relay stories
•Experience presenting to executive leadership and handling sensitive customer situations
•Proven ability to deliver on commitments
•Ability to lead and work autonomously
•Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
•Experience with media sales, traffic systems, ad servers
•Knowledge of agile process and experience in use of JIRA workflow system
•PMP or Scrum Master certification/experience preferred
•MBA is a plus
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.