NBCUniversal, Universal City, California
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
This individual will provide support in planning work performed by Technical Service’s Technicians on equipment including, but not limited to, ride and show systems. Responsibilities will include creating, auditing, updating, scheduling, and managing job plans and work orders in MAXIMO. This individual will also be responsible to support all aspects of managing inventory in the field up to and including expediting orders pending delivery to support both planned and unplanned maintenance activities. Work closely with the MAXIMO team to ensure all documentation is maintained appropriately, assisting with procurement issues and problems, tracking of materials for jobs and assets to ensure all equipment is accounted for in MAXIMO.
- Schedule/Forecast preventative maintenance (PM) work orders, adjusting target start/complete dates based on resources and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Monitor corrective work and submit case for new or additional PMs as needed, then draft as required.
- Verify/Audit proper work order completion:
- Asset coding
- Log notes
- PCR codes
- Downtime reporting
- Hierarchy management
- Material and labor logged to the work order
- Closure rate
- Run Reports for managers and/or identify auto reporting needs.
- Demonstrate/train proper work order entry methods to new or unfamiliar technicians.
- Provide support to all process control operations and recommend improvements.
- Procure parts and have materials on-hand for scheduled PM work, projects, and/or repairs.
- Ensure critical components and materials are stocked at appropriate levels in the warehouse.
- Assist with building in-house repair strategies and programs.
- Verify all orders are tracked, received, and invoices paid.
- Resolve any outstanding issues with Inventory and Assets team.
- Manage any stock transfer requests to maximize efficiency.
- Create an exceptions reporting matrix for management oversight.
- Assist with weekly schedule inputs and changes, partnering with Time-Keeper Team for accuracy and completeness.
- Level-load scheduled work based on available resources.
- Monitor Downtime Log Report for accuracy and ensure follow-up work orders have been created and completed as needed.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of consolidated dashboards and reports.
- Have visibility and report on current and future projects while identifying impacts to the Technical Services division.
- Work closely with Document Control team on OEM requirements and job plan creation for capturing all work required for regulatory compliance, reliability, and show quality.
Work closely with Training Team to schedule required training sessions.
- Ensure all compliance related training is maintained and current for matters relating to Ride Safety, Environmental, and Health, along with all internal company required training.
• Familiarity with maintenance management activities.
• Ability to multi-task and support multiple locations.
• Skillful in using enterprise asset management software, i.e. MAXIMO or similar applications.
• Experience with understanding and creating standard operating procedures.
• Familiarity with medium to large corporate structure and business practices.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Teams.
• Proven strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and organizational skills.
• Ability to analyze metrics to decipher maintenance needs based on data.
• Excellent communication skills are a must.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate and supervise a large staff.
• Experience working in a union environment.
• Theme-park experience is a plus but not required.
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it’s on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one