NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
NBCUniversal’s Cyber Threat Operations team is responsible for providing cyber threat intelligence, event monitoring, response, and threat hunting for all areas of NBCUniversal in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, and agile fashion. As a member of the Cyber Response team, a candidate can expect to utilize their technical expertise to assess, contain, and remediate cyber threats. The Incident Responders are also an escalation point for security alerts from the security event analysts, and a candidate would be expected to mentor and share knowledge with others in the organization.
The ideal candidate would have a working knowledge of current and relevant security technologies and how to apply them to cyber incident response actions. A clear investigative methodology with a focus on preserving evidence and analyzing data to form conclusions that will steer response directions. Experience responding to multi-faceted security events and incidents and assisting with the coordination of subsequent response efforts prioritizing mission-critical elements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field and/or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 4 years working in Cyber Defense with experience in Incident Response, Security Operations Center (SOC), detection engineering, or similar functions.
• Previous experience supporting or leading incident response functions.
• Working knowledge of core Enterprise IT concepts (web application architectures, networking, etc.)
• Experience with host-based and network-based forensics tools and analysis
• Knowledge of the cyber threat landscape to include different types of adversaries, campaigns, and the motivations that drive them
• Knowledge of industry recognized security and analysis frameworks (Mitre ATT&CK, Kill Chain, Diamond Model, NIST Incident Response, etc.)
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Strong communication (both verbal and written) and client intimacy skills with experience briefing corporate executives and professionals
• Ability to be on call and provide support during nontraditional working hours
• Hands-on experience working with Incident Response and Threat Monitoring SOC functions
• Previous experience providing incident response/SOC support for Fortune 1000 companies
• Previous experience with various endpoint detection and response (EDR) technologies
• Previous experience working with various Forensics technologies to include EnCase, FTK, etc.
• Previous experience working with network tools and technologies such as firewall (FW), proxies, IPS/IDS devices, full packet capture (FPC), and email platforms
• Previous experience conducting static, dynamic, or reverse-engineering malware analysis
• Experience in applying security concepts to Cloud computing (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Relevant certifications (GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, GNFA, etc.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
File hosting service