Software Development Engineer in Test
NBCUniversal, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
help rebuild it better. Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) designs NBCU’s testing
infrastructure and writes code to examine and validate large-scale software development and
deployments. As an SDET\\SQE, you partner with software developers to create and code tests
concurrently with product development. You build tools that help developers be more productive, write
better code and test it themselves. Troubleshooting is an understatement; it's more like trouble
forecasting. The SDET will also act as a representative of the Software Quality Engineering Team in scrum
meetings and provide input on how to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing automated tests within an iteration.
- Work with the project team to drive Test Driven Development where modules that are being worked on are tested right away for immediate feedback
- Ability to act as a technical project manager with the ability to manage an end-to-end project across multiple squads, applications, platforms, and disciplines
- Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
- Automation is NOT the only mechanism for quality. As an SDET, you are expected to perform Adhoc/
- Exploratory tests from a feature as well as regression testing
- Ability to develop and execute perform Performance Tests
- Ability to conduct production monitoring, reporting, troubleshooting, and support
• 3+ years of advanced Java development
• 3+ years of solid working experience on developing Test automation scripts specifically objectoriented
frameworks (Java, Selenium, TestNG, Maven, and Jmeter)
• Hands-on experience working with AWS SQS, Kinesis, API Gateway, and Cloudwatch
• Hands-on experience with the automated testing of front end, microservices, and serverless
• Hands-on experience automating RESTful APIs
• 1+ year(s) of experience with Continuous Integration, Jenkins, Git, Spring Boot
• 1+ year(s) of experience as a test engineering within an Agile environment
• 2+ years of Performance testing experience using Jmeter
• Exposure to Agile Management tools such as Jira
• Exposure to Microsoft Azure
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.