IT Infrastructure Manager
NBCUniversal, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- “Hands-on” multi-faceted infrastructure manager focusing on mission critical IT systems management and availability.
- The role will work alongside our existing technical teams to manage and support our complex broadcast and IT systems over their complete life cycles.
- Lead upgrades, security compliance of critical IP production & associated IT systems
- Lead advanced support, monitoring & troubleshooting for IP networks, systems and applications.
- Manage WAN / LAN networking administration and security management including remote sites in conjunction with Corp IT
- Manage IPFM Cisco Nexus 9000 & DCNM environment
- Manage Cisco UCS Virtualized Windows environments
- Markup language and coding / scripting experience with XML, Java, perl desirable
- Evaluate and optimize infrastructure and workflows that support critical Media systems. Knowledge in IP fabric video infrastructures, virtualized environments, Isilon Storage, encode / decode platforms, newsgathering tools, Adobe creative suite, Newsroom Systems, distribution systems and other workflow tools is advantageous.
- Evaluate, test and install upgrades to various platform operating systems, applications, and hardware.
- Ongoing assessment of workflows, identifying manual processes that can be streamlined or improved upon with new hardware, software or automation.
- Evaluate and test new technology and make recommendations to Management for inclusion in strategic plan.
- Develop training strategies to help grow and develop technical teams to better support the environment
- Manage projects from conceptual stage through to launch including budget
- Liaison with corporate IT to ensure station is adhering to company policies, practices & standards
- Implementation of Corporate led technology initiatives
- Risk Management: Assess all issues, adds, changes to mitigate impact to station
- Vendor relationships: work with key vendors on new feature and functionality requests as well as upgrades and troubleshooting issues to resolution.
- Follow up & root cause analysis of technology issues and execute changes as needed
- Enhance and implement Monitoring, logging & alerting best practices to reduce systems downtime
- Must be Customer driven and comfortable in 24/7/365 environment
Cisco DCNM / IPFM Fabric / Cisco UCS very desirable
Additional Job Requirements
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Tech Jobs For You
Cybersecurity Senior Manager- Oil & Gas, Utilities, Chemical, ...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA