Affiliate Operations Coordinator
NBCUniversal, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
As a B2B Support Coordinator at NBC Universal (NBCU), you will be participating in the distribution and support of NBCU’s linear properties to MVPD’s and other distribution partners. At the core, this role acts as the technical and operational interface between NBCU and our distribution partners. The role is part of a team that provides live support and troubleshooting, ensuring timely, seamless and reliability of our content.
The Coordinator authorizes and de-authorizes channels, generates, updates and tracks escalations and corresponding data repositories. This role works with affiliates and other distribution partners on equipment, signal and other technical changes. Programming and scheduling of content replacement and blackouts on Regional and National networks is another critical part of this role, including leveraging SCTE 224 (ESNI) technology. The B2B Support team is participating in cutting-edge projects that are revolutionizing the way distribution is accomplished. Candidates for this role will be expected to participate in these projects in addition to their daily client support duties.
NBC/Telemundo Broadcast Stations, MVPD and dMVPD customer support and issue resolution are facilitated by this group, including IRD troubleshooting, execution of operational requests, and reporting. As a face of Technical Operations to internal and external clients, partners and in some circumstances the public, the B2B Support Coordinator will play a key support, troubleshooting, escalation and reporting role on behalf of the team. You will be the first line customer service point of contact to partners and clients on behalf of the greater Tech Ops organization. You will be accountable for measuring and controlling quality across the distribution ecosystem, by driving issue resolution and adhering to best practices.
- Execute channel activation and deactivation
- Perform program replacement and blackout operations
- Help maintain program replacement and blackout systems
- Coordinate with Product and On-Air teams to perform daily operational activities
- Track headend and authorization databases daily, specifically headend technical information
- Help execute quarterly audits of authorization databases
- Perform reconciliation of databases and authorization reports
- Help maintain B2B Support e-mail account Inbox: answer, file, forward emails as necessary
- Assist with testing of all database upgrades as relatable to B2B Support Department
- Participate in ongoing project activities as the department grows and evolves its terrestrial distribution program
- Assist creating and upholding departmental best practices to ensure the availability and reliability of NBCUniversal assets distributed to partners and the end consumer
- Establish strong working relationships with internal and external partners and clients
- Partner with Tech Ops peers on delivery assurance and reliability for internal and external clients
- Serve as a primary point of contact into and out of the B2B Support team
- Assist partners and clients with resolving issues, satisfying delivery obligations and to helping execute workflow changes within our dynamic environment
- Partner with your leadership team to develop technological and operational enhancements
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU.
Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Be a Better NBCUniversal Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at NBCUniversal when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal? Visit NBCUniversal's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.